Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Another possible selling of the K5

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by big pappa b, Jun 28, 2004.

1. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Been thinking a lot lately of getting rid of it just as I'm getting it done.
    Several reasons:
    1. Still need to buy a tow rig and trailer before I move around the first of the year and I'm trying to save up for a house...ouch
    2. My Harley has been on hold for the last year and a half while building this. Still need about $1500 to get the bike on the road and that's where my heart is. The bike is a daily driver and the K5 isn't...huge difference in gas mileage /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

Wahhhhh..WHAT TO DO???

2. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

The first thing you need to do is pull your head out of your ass /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif, then go get two bottles of suck it up and enjoy your truck, that would be insane to take that rig as far as you have to get rid of it, i understand the house thing because there have been about a half dozen times when i have thought about or tried to sell mine but everything has worked out. Also you probablly couldnt get what you wanted for it anyway, unless you are willing to take losing alot of money, i thought 8000 was a fair price for mine considering all the parts i have put on it, not mention all the busted knuckles spinning wrenchs but 4-5000 is the best offer i got, i laughed and walked away. There are people who can help you out, boorow a trailer or rent one, something will show up and you will be fine /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

I hear you about the Harley thing.... What a difference in milage.... What are you building? What do you need to finish it?

What are you looking at buying in place of the Blazer? I think it's going to cost you more that way....

4. big pappa b

I have a 68 FKH Electra Glide that I'm trying to finish restoring. I have everything except seat, starter, front brakes and an exhaust system...and all the misc nuts and bolts. I'd like to finish that and start on my chopper idea.
    Yes, I know I've put a lot of time and money into it. I don't have to sell it but theres more that I really neeed/want to do to it which involves more cash..unless I'm lucky enough to win some driveshafts /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif . It's ready to wheel right now with the exception of making an anti-wrap bar for the rear. I don't want to trash my new 57's.
    It's just a thought. After I posted this I made a list of all my mods and extras.. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif..I bought a lot of [darn], just like most of you guys. I think this board has been my problem. While it is great for finding out what works for people it is also the "Great temptor". Seeing the mods others are doing must mean its good so I must have it too.. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

5. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Not after all the crud I went through to get them heavy ass axles out there, don't even think about it /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

John

6. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I'm in the middle of a self-imposed break from the K5. She needed a bunch of little things done to her, and I was getting burnt out buying parts and troubleshooting and worrying about whether she would make it across the mountains yet again. To top it off, gas prices were killing me(almost $4/gallon /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif), so we went and bought a little commuter car. I've probably driven the Blazer 5 miles in the last 2 months and it's been nice not having to worry about my DD. The funny thing is, I'm starting to look forward to crawling underneath the K5 in the fall to get her ready for winter........

Anyhow, maybe it's time to put the ol' truck to pasture for a little while. Remember that absence makes the heart grow stronger.

7. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    <font color="red"> NEVER, EVER SELL TOYS! YOU WON'T GET THEM BACK. </font>
    So I'd say, rough it out and keep them both /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Sell the Harley!!!! Hell You could always pick up another one someday from a Yuppy or lawyer /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif
    K5's Rule Brother /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

9. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

I hear ya, bruddah! I'm in process of buying a house also and it looks like we'll be a bit shy on the downstroke. This is my dream house, with a shop and land, and selling the K5 is the first thing I thought of. My wife doesn't want me to, but it's up for sale right now. However, there is a problem with the market. So since I'm about $1000 shy, i'm considering parting it out, and keeping all the good stuff to go into a 4runner or buggy down the road a bit. I think you've got to have a solid foundation when you do anything in life, and a house is a lot more solid than a truck.

Just my .02

10. big pappa b

[ QUOTE ]
    a house is a lot more solid than a truck

[/ QUOTE ]

That's for sure. I can't house a family of 4 plus 2 pets in my Blazer either