Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

another post about dodge dana 60s

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by OnTheRocks, Jun 3, 2002.

1. OnTheRocks

OnTheRocks Registered Member

alright i searched for a long time, and there was soemthing i couldn't figure out. im lookin at a 91 dana 60 front out of a dodge for 1200 obo. this is cheaper than any chevy 60s ive seen, and i know that spring perches are different, wms-wms is different yadda yadda. but what im not seeing much about is the hub assemblies. most of the info i have seen is about earlier axles. what would this 60 be set up with, and is it good or bad? its got 35 spline inners and 30 spline outers, but what about internal/external hubs. bottom line: should i hold out for a chevy 60? (i have a 79 chevy pu, but i don't care much about the spring perches) sorry if this topic has been discussed and i missed it.

2. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

91 dodge knuckles out is, or nearly is, identical to chev stuff.
    lockout hubs are the same bearings the same etc.
    the knuckle may differ, but I havent seen 90s chev 60 knuckle to compare.
    the tie rod looks to mount higher on the 90s dodge then the 80s chev.

<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/album/26127166SwclRTBvgY>some d60 images in my webshots</a>

3. smartpatrol

smartpatrol Registered Member

I have a dodge D60 front that the spring perches are in the right place. I think it depends on the year. Mine came out of a 80ish dodge diesel. Payed 1k for it