Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Another post about the dumb people that I buy my lunch from

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Feb 15, 2002.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I've eaten lunch in pretty much the same place everyday for the last year or so, with occasional lunches elsewhere. It's pretty much the only place I've found that doesn't give me heartburn (everything gives me heartburn).
    I always, always, always order the #26 (turkey, ham and cheese), with no mayo, lettuce, tomato, or onion, but extra pickles. They usually get it right, but when they get it wrong, it's at the worst times, like when I'm eating on the train and can't go back til the net day...

So anyway. I go in today and get the #26 meal. It's a dunkin donuts also, and my daughter loves coffee rolls, so I ask the girl if I can have a coffee roll instead of chips with my meal. Again, this is part of my daily routine, but I get a girl I don't get often. Today, she says no I can't because it's more expensive than chips. Ok, fine, the coffee roll is a gift other days, so I shouldn't complain. Minor annoyance, but a selfish one, since it really isn't part of the meal.

I get back to the office, open my sandwich, and there's friggin mayo all over the place. Just the sight makes me want to vomit. I throw it all in the bag and head back. I get nothing but attitude from these people that know me. Like all of a sudden today I just decided I want mayo after a year of the same boring thing over and over, mayo was going to be my big break out of humdrum. I told the dingbat girl 10 times "NO MAYO", but she wrote the order up as only mayo and pickles. I know I told her at least three times, because our entire conversation occured 3 times, since I couldn't understand her accent and I guess she couldn't understand mine. She even repeated to me several times, "Pickles only?" "Yes." "pickles only?" "Yes" "so only pickles?" "uh huhhh" "No produce or mayo?" "No, only pickles". Welcome to America, by the way.
    My chief engineer, who's from India, offered to go over and curse them out in their native tongue for me, too...

Funny thing is, I'm on vacation next week, so they're going to think I'm pissed and am going somewhere else now! I wish I could too....

OK, just wanted to vent frustration that after a year, some people still can't get the hang of certain things....

Ratch
    CK5 album
    Your ad here.

2. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

hey one thing about the heart burn. YOU don't have to live with it. I used to get heartburn everyday and it didn't get any better it just kept getting worse. i went to my doc and he put me on PREVACID and holy sh!t i can eat almost anything now and NO MORE HEARTBURN. i've been on it for over a year and it rocks,he tells me that there is no real cure it's just that my tummy produces to much acid. But my point is you should really go see a doc. about that heartburn.

gime a bucket of chicken with extra skin!

3. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Yeah, I'm actually going on monday to get it checked out. I had an uncle that just died recently of throat cancer. It started for him 6 months ago as heartburn, and within 2 months he was in the hospital, and diagnosed as having a month to live... I figure after 10 years of everything, even a glass of water, giving me heartburn, on top of seeing a death from it, might be time to get checked out...

Ratch
    CK5 album
    Your ad here.

4. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

finding a shop that can make your food right is really a rarity, especialy when it takes a while to train them right. down the street from us, there's a chinese place, that has some of the better food to be had, and a better then decent price. to top it off, we;ve got them trained to know basicaly what we want... I could walk in, and say `the usual' and get my Orange chicken, mild, white meat, crab puffs, and large coke, without any fears of it coming up wrong. unfortunately, our company is moving about 30 miles from here in another 2 months, so our days of gettin' our premium food for next to nothing are going to come to an end soon.

our `roach coach' cook was top of the line too... we'd all come crowding out the side door of the bulding, shout our orders towards the truck, and magicaly, in the order shouted, our orders would appear. if we wanted to change our mind, we had up until it appeared to do so, and our old order would somehow get canceled, and the new one instinctively inserted where it belonged. I'll never understand how he could do it, but its been a great loss since he quit.... oh well,

-Rich

My truck isn't ugly, you have a skewed sense of beauty

<font color=blue>Its a Wheelbase Thing... You Wouldn't Understand</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>CK5 SUB-culture</font color=red>

5. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

are you kidding its NYC - they'd never even miss you... LOL

<font color=blue> Jeff - may the force be with you</font color=blue>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Jeffs-Stuff>link to k5's</a>

6. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Yeah I know!!

Ratch
    CK5 album
    Your ad here.

7. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I used to have heartburn real bad. My heartburn problem was only food related. I also have allergies, too. Turned out the heartburn problem stopped when I was put on a prescription for ASTHMA. Yep, I thought the whole time I was having trouble breathing was allergy related, but no, it was ASTHMA. So, I got put on Singulair prescription and the breathing normal came back and the heartburns stopped.

Weird, huh? [​IMG]

<font color=red>Only real men drive K30's!!!</font color=red> [​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/thatK30guy>The K30 Collection</a>

8. mike reeh

mike reeh 1/2 ton status

new yorkin: i work in construction and have been working in the same extreme-upper class community for most of the last year and there is only one place close enough to really goto for lunch, a deli, we go there almost every day and I order the same thing: turkey sandwich no tomatoes, no onions, Xtra mayo, Xtra mustard (they tend to be a little dry otherwise) .. SAME thing every time for me.. theres only 2 different people taking orders and when I tell em turkey sand wich they write down "turkey, no" and then pause like they cant remember what I want NO of... and it happens EVERY time.. NO ONIONS OR F***ING TOMATOES how hard is it to remember?..... pretty hard I guess... EVERY TIME she says "no.......???????????????????????" ... maybe she did a lot of drugs as a kid or something. who knows.

ddragggon: we had THE roach coach of roach coaches for a few months on this one job... this older man driving around the coach, would show up and he had a mexican guy in there cook up whatever you wanted.. it was FAST and it was GOOD and to top it off, it was cheap! it was some of the best mexican food ive had and it was off a roach coach. they would make it for you while you watched.

What prompted me to reply was how you said they magically could remember orders by having them shouted out.. this guy was the same way! wow I miss that roach coach, that was some good eatin.

mike

9. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

I get back to the office, open my sandwich, and there's friggin mayo all over the place. Just the sight makes me want to vomit.

<font color=blue>This is why I don't go to Wendy's anymore.

10. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

They must train the Subway workers here... I stand there and tell them not mayo then watch them put it on and say you know I said no mayo!! Then they act all shocked like it was news to them!! ARGH!!

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>Steph's Webpage</a>
    "Grace is knowing when to be a lady and when to say "Ah, bite me, outta my way!"

11. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I do'nt know what I would do if I got heartburn. Life with out your chillies would just plain suck gotta have them jalapinos and habaneros hmm yummy.

Corey 78K5
    350CI, TH350, 203, Dana 44,12 Bolt, 4"lift, Shackel Flip, Sawsall and 35" BFG's

12. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

he said tummy.
    lol

<font color=purple>delta9blazer</font color=purple>