Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

another post about tire milage and use

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 88jimmyoungowner, May 29, 2002.

1. 88jimmyoungowner

88jimmyoungowner 1/2 ton status

ok, i am lookin at the mickey thomson baja claws, the superswamper SSR's, TSL radials, and boggers. which has the bast mix of milage and good of-road skills. i will be driving the jimmy to school and wherever else i go, so milage is important.

2. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

I heard baja claws wear rapidly! Of all these I'd say SSR's are your best bet!

3. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>I have TSL R's on my 71, but that truck basicly comes out of the driveway to go to the woods, so I can't comment on street miles (off road wears tires far faster than pavement use). If you stay on the streets most of the time, you might be better off with Goodyear or BFG mud terrains. The Radial swampers should last almost as long as a mud terrain as long as you pay carefull attention to air pressure and rotation

4. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

I will agree with the claws wearing rapidly, even the radials, and they suck in sand unless you use the wider (16.5'' wide) ones. Of the 4, I would say get the TSL/R's. They seem to be better off road than the ssr's, but get similar mileage. Then again, what would I know, I have Mickey Thompson's.