Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Another Problem Help me out please

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by porkchop, Sep 2, 2002.

1. porkchop

porkchop Registered Member

The truck runs great, Drives down the road PERF.......
    But sometimes ( not all the time) when I stop @ a light and sit there for a few min. I get a clunk from the rear end and it feels like It just droped this can happen to or 3 times a day then go away. ANy help on this........

2. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

Hey PC...check out this thread on something similar: Clunk
    Also, you might try posting a better question on the subject line. I think your subject is too vague, therefor you don't get many responses. When I cruise down the list I look for things I know about that I might be able to help with, since my time is limited I usually go by the ones I know nothing about or don't specify what they want. Just trying to help. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

3. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Well if it's a slip-yoke style t-case, take this into consideration. When you hit the brake, the front-end dives, which in turn, makes the rear higher. This movement makes the slip-yoke pull out of the t-case. The clunk you feel is the slip-yoke unbinding and sliding back in the t-case. Mine does the same thing.

4. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Pertty common on the 208 equiped trucks. GM has a special blue greas that makes it go a way for about 10,000 miles then it comes back. About the only trucks that don't do this is trucks with Fixed yoke 205's. 203's do it also. If it's still full time it's slop in the chain, center diff. If it's converted it's the part time kit.