Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Another problem....help

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by twenty_below0, Aug 16, 2002.

1. twenty_below0

twenty_below0 1/2 ton status

I have 300 miles on the new motor and it seems to be fallin out after 3500 rpm's, you mash it and it starts surging kind of like it's loosing fire or gas but it does it periodically so I think it's the coil or something to do with the distributor failing. It was doing this before on the other motor sometimes to so I put a new performance module and weights, springs, checked for side to side play and nothing it's tight, I did use the same Accel coil so could this be it? I didn't clean the distributor when I put everything in it, could the advance be sticking, it seems kind of doggy, and this is when it starts the surge if I push it.I haven't went over 4500 with it but sometimes it will get there quick and other times it seems to not want to, it's hard to explain hope you guys/gals can help

2. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

It might be gas. Sometimes when I put on a new carburator, a chunk of hose will git in somewhere and cause trouble. maybe fuel pump? Filter? Looks like you've gone through the electrical pretty good. My '92 1 ton did the same thing untill I changed out the filter.

3. twenty_below0

twenty_below0 1/2 ton status

I will get a new filter tomorrow, hopefully this will help.

4. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Good luck.