Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

another Q-Jet adjusting question???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by twenty_below0, Mar 24, 2002.

1. twenty_below0

twenty_below0 1/2 ton status

OK, got the choke fixed and also got the secondaries working(was a spring problem) but they are opening immediately...you stomp it and they open as if they were manuals....so i noticed this little set screw in the back of the vacum pod and am wondering if this will help adjust the opening quickly problem, or do you change the springs...it has the ones it came with on it they were just un hooked ...thx appreciate the continued help with the quadrapuke...LOL

2. Sparky

Sparky 1/2 ton status

San Antonio(summer) Texas A and M (school year)
    There is a screw on the passenger side back by the secondaries that, when tightened, increases tension on the return spring for the air flap thingy covering the secondaries. Just look around the bushings for the secondary air flap (not the actual butterflys) and tighten it up a bit. That is how you adjust how quickly the secondaries open up. It takes a little more vacume to pull it open that way. I think stock is about 2 and 1/2 turns out if I remeber right.

Sparky

PS look carefully cause its pretty small.