Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Another Quadrajet Problem....anybody??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by twenty_below0, Aug 20, 2002.

1. twenty_below0

twenty_below0 1/2 ton status

Where do i start, ok it stumbles when you stomp it, it's like a manual secondary just dumps them immediately! Then when you stomp it at 3800 it starts kind falling out and stuttering, it will open the secondaries for a little bit then start falling out and running bad wont really get highr than 4500, kind of slight jurks almost like the fuel quits flowing or doesn't flow enough. Kind of feels like the valves are floating''
    ''
    Has a good ignition, pump and new filter, z-28 springs everything pretty much new, The springs and lifters are new and should hold up to atleast 5000 before they start floating or varying. It will run smooth after the initial stumble up to about 3800 then starts this....I am really puzzled. some help would really be appreciated. THX

2. bUrLyBlAzEr89

bUrLyBlAzEr89 Registered Member

uhhh.......if its tbi make sure no leaks they need alot of pressure and clean up your carb/tbi if still probs get it rebuilt

3. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

I think you're describing the famous quadra-bog.

This happens because the secondaries open either too quick or too slow. There's a tiny screw on one end of the secondaries' shaft. This screw tightens or loosens the spring that keeps the secondaries closed. If this spring is too loose, they will slam open when you floor it, if it's too tight, the valves will take too long to open.

Turn this spring to adjust this tension until you find the right setting. Watch it because a little goes a long way on this little screw. Also, there's an allen screw perpendicular to the screw that prevents from turning loose, so loosen this allen screw first.

I hope this helps.

4. twenty_below0

twenty_below0 1/2 ton status

I will try this tonight after work, THX appreciate it I will let you know if it changes!