Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

another question for the Az k5

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 76 jimmy Az, Jun 8, 2000.

1. 76 jimmy Az

76 jimmy Az Registered Member

Can u guys tell me of some good trails in Az? what are your favorties? Nothing extreme because my truck is still mostly stock. IF u could tell me any areas witha good camp ground it would be great thanx

2. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

IS BCP BROPHY? IF YOU DON'T MIND THE DRIVE, REDINGTON PASS HAS GOT SOME GOOD WHEELING.(GOOD POOLS FOR SWIMMING TOO) CHIVA FALLS IS A GOOD DAY TRIP. I'VE DONE IT IN A STOCK TRUCK. THERE ARE SOME OTHER TRAILS BACK IN THERE BUT I DON'T KNOW THE NAMES. "EXECUTIONER" MIGHT KNOW. ALSO CHARLEAU GAP IS NEAR CATALINA AZ AND ITS PRETTY HAIRY. I HAVENT BEEN THERE IN YEARS. ALSO THE BACK ROAD TO MT LEMMON IS KINDA FUN, NOT REALLY 4 WHEELING BUT YOU GET INTO THE MOUNTAINS FOR AWHILE TO COOL OFF. TRY THE ROUGH RIDERS. I DONT KNOW IF THEY HAVER A WEBSITE BUT THEY'RE ALWAYS ON A TRAIL SOMEWHERE.

CREEPIN AND CRAWLIN
    JIM

3. 76 jimmy Az

76 jimmy Az Registered Member

Thanks for all the info, those trials sounds cool. Yup BCP is Brophy College PREP I am a senior there.
    thanx again

4. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

I don't knoe what part of the state you are in but a nice day trip would be the senator highway from Prescott to Crown King....non-lifted truck freindly. Nice scenery all the way such as Palace Station...an old stagecoach stop currently inhabited by the Forest service...and all kinds of old mines and such...i aeven found some gold near one of them in a creek a few years ago! Personally i have lived on the west side of Phoenix for 10 years now so i know the trails form Wickenburg over to I-17 pretty good...lots of old Ghosttowns to explore. There is a great web site that deals with ghosttowns called ghosttowns.com....they have a whole page or two on all the AZ ghosts state wide!!! Hope this helps.

AZBLAZER

1979 K5
    1976 K5 Chalet
    1972 K10 Suburban

5. Eagle

Eagle Registered Member

How about in the Flagstaff area?

There is a VERY fine line between hobby and mental illness

6. kermit

kermit Registered Member