Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Another question for the mechanical clutch (80's) owners....

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Ben Malinski, May 7, 2003.

1. Ben Malinski

Ben Malinski Guest

Another question for the mechanical clutch (80\'s) owners....

Thanks for the suggestions from those of you about the clutch return spring. Another question....
    The "Z" bar. On the bell housing is a "ball type stud" and the other end is something similiar. My Z bar pops out of the socket at times. It seems that the Z bar shaft is either too short or the ball stud is too short. Suggestions?? Any one else had this problem? I thought about loosening the ball studs and slip on a few washers at each end to take up the slack. Thanks again!

2. BRN78BLAZER

BRN78BLAZER 1/2 ton status

Re: Another question for the mechanical clutch (80\'s) owners....

Try checking all the engine mounts and the tranny mount. I doubt if they would allow it pop out but it's and idea.

3. Mr. Infinity

Mr. Infinity Registered Member

I have new energy suspension mounts and I had the same problem, you can't really do anything about the stud at the frame. For the one on the bellhousing, GM made a longer stud back in the day, but good luck finding it. What I did was this, I brought my Z-bar in to work and had one of the hot shot welders extend the bellhousing side about 1". I don't have those problems any more. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Use a long grade 8 bolt instead of that silly ball and it won't pop out anymore. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif