Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Another quick wiring Q

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by k5james, Nov 11, 2004.

1. k5james

k5james 1/2 ton status

I just want to make sure before I place the order. The two harnesses that plug into the firewall on the same block on the driver side that are held in by a bolt are the "Front" harness and "Engine" harness right?

I think I'm just going to fix it enough to get it running now and then fix things as they go wrong.

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I would say yes. I had to unplug them when I removed my front clip and SBC. I didn't know they were independent of each other. I took the bolt out and they came off seporate. I think the rear lights are part of it too?
    I am totaly guessing from what I think so I could be wrong..just so you know /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. k5james

k5james 1/2 ton status

Thanks. I think you're right. I followed them to their respective destinations as best as I could, and from looking at the LMC truck catalog's little half arse wiring diagram, it looks like they are the front and engine harnesses. We'll see when they get here I guess. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

4. Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack 1/2 ton status

Yep, two separate harnesses up front and the tail lights go from a different round plug harness that comes thorough your firewall near the throttle linkage.