Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Another RC Thread

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Drey, Aug 17, 2006.

1. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Well Ladies and Gents as you know I repainted my Nylint Scorpion well last time I was at walmart I saw a Nylint Jeep on clearance for 35 bucks. Well I snatched that sucker for my buddy who thought my Scorpion was the coolest thing in the world. I surprised him with it, he thought it was mine, iwas like heres your battery, charger, remote. He was like what...this is mine. Ya dude, you cant wheel your Z71 (2001) then you can wheel this with me. He flipped and pulled the this is why your my best friend bit on me.:rolleyes:

Anyway, he dug my paintjob and I promptly demanded he give me the Jeep for one week and I would bring it back to him the next weekend. Well its thursday night and Im headin south tmw night after work. The Jeep is done on Schedule. Our highschool colors were black and gold, and hes a Hawkeyes fan. Hope he likes it. And yes I know I havnt got my links painted dark blue yet...thats gonna happen next week, I think im going to try cutting every other tread out of my tires too.

PICS
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What do you guys think, should I start a business to paint Nylint crawlers...im getting pretty good:rolleyes:

2. 78Suburban

78Suburban 1/2 ton status

Sweet paint job... if I ever get one of those I'll have to try something like that :D

3. neverendingproject

neverendingproject 1/2 ton status

The big ones are better IMO. They were only like 10 bucks more where I bought mine.

Sweet paint job though.

4. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Serious...around here the small ones were 50 and the big ones were 150. I got the Jeep on Clearance for 35. Ive been checking the two walmarts Im close to for a big one either Scorpion or Jeep, neither any big ones anymore, let alone on clearance

5. neverendingproject

neverendingproject 1/2 ton status

Yeah, my gf bought me one for like 54 something. I love that woman.

6. pin_it_to_win_it

pin_it_to_win_it Registered Member

and yet again u have way to much time on your hands....and if it where my frend id tell him "well u know where the store is" lol:haha:

7. NEK5

NEK5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

kind of off topic....but are those the jeep things from walmart???how are they?...do they handle water/mud well?

8. Avery4jc

Avery4jc 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Yeah they are from Wally World and they are surprisingly capable little rigs.

Nice painting skills man, do you take them apart and raddle can it or do you mask off and air brush?

-Avery

9. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Took it all apart, and rattle canned it. On the body the first coat was yellow, then let that dry and taped what I wanted to stay yellow,then shot some gloss black on it...for some reason my buddy doesnt like Flat Black...i dont know about him sometimes, hehe