Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Another Rear Window Problem

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mxrcr589, May 24, 2004.

1. mxrcr589

mxrcr589 1/2 ton status

When i roll my rear window up it gets sideways the right side doesnt go all the way up, the dang gears jump. Has anyone fixed this by making the 2 gear fit tighter or something??

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

The gears on the regulator are swedged into place, they cannot be adjusted. Now the transmission that drives the regulator does have a little bit of adjustment in it. But what your saying, almost sounds like the regulator is wore out or slightly bent causing it to jump teeth.

3. mxrcr589

mxrcr589 1/2 ton status

yeah thats what it does, jumps the teeth

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Did you try checking what I suggested yet? Updated us /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. mxrcr589

mxrcr589 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Now the transmission that drives the regulator does have a little bit of adjustment in it.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont see where you adjustment is at /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

6. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

there is only a very slight amount of adjustment cause of the mounting holes, but it can be moved in or out just a tad. But if that isn't going to work, then you've got other problems.

7. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

Have you pulled the inspection plate on the tailgate and had someone run the tailgate up and down while you watch carefully? It might be that the actuator arms and rollers are not engaging the track on the bottom of the window sash properly and not pushing up on the window properly.