Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

another reason K5's rule..

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 82K5_6.5L, Jun 6, 2003.

1. 82K5_6.5L

82K5_6.5L 1/2 ton status

another reason K5\'s rule..

i was out hitting some trails about a week ago and my friend was in his new rubicon and me in my blazer and a friend in an 83 Yota.. so of course the rubicon being all cocky goes up this huge hill, nobody spotting him or anything just tries flying up it! this hill was scary, loose rock, big holes and rocks and the edge of a cliff on the right side.. well all in all the new rubicon locked front and rear gets stuck! and almost looses his jeep over the edge of the mountain! would have sucked.. took 2 hours and my hi-lift (which he broke the handle off /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif) to get him unstuck.. so hes down the hill and i just go up it a little to see how he got stuck so easy.. my friend is at the top spotting me, drop it in 4Lo 1st gear and just crawl right to the top! woooo... ha my 21 year old $3K truck vs. a new 03 rubicon priced at $28K aint got nothing on me!!
    just wanted to share that i out-did a rubicon, plus i dont have lockers or anything.. just a 3.5" lift and some 33's!! man i love it /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. 89K1500Chevy

89K1500Chevy 1/2 ton status

Re: another reason K5\'s rule..

Ha thats Badass man did you try to get him to go up it agin?

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i love hearing sh*t like that. you know what else a k5 can do?, this is no bull today i loaded 18 square of roof shingles in one-thats 3978 lbs- ithought the guy was nuts but it held it. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

5. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

It's a wheelbase thing... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Good to hear you humiliated a heep driver

6. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

Did he cry? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

Sounds to me more like a lack of driver skill and spotting than any fault with the rubi. Gimme a good spotter and I'll drive a wheelchair up mt rushmore.

8. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

Did he take the Rubi back to the dealership for a refund? for $28k he could build a K5 that would dominate that hill /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

9. 82K5_6.5L

82K5_6.5L 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Did he take the Rubi back to the dealership for a refund? for $28k he could build a K5 that would dominate that hill /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    haha no but i told him to take it back and tell the dealer to tuck up the t-case more and get rid of that damn gas tank..thats what he got hung up on the most, besides the differentials a couple of times but it is so low.. we got it on camera of him getting stuck but it died right before i got up /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif but it was fun!!! ahaha chevy kicks ass