Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Another reason to dislike fords.

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by gmcjimmy88, Feb 19, 2007.

1. gmcjimmy88

gmcjimmy88 1/2 ton status

I have a 2000 Ford Focus I picked up for a beater/commuter car. It is a nice car for its purpose. I just dropped it off at the dealer today to get the transmission looked at. It has not been going into third or fith gear like it should. I thought first off that it was the senquinizers (spell check). I thought that it could be a shifter linkage bent or out of alignment also. Anyway They called me back with the marvelous news of $1100 to tear it apart and see what the problem is. I am so glad now that I paid $1200 for the extended warranty when I bought it. Looks like they will be replacing/rebuilding the trans. So now I am down to one vehicle out of four. Granted the 67 F-100 is in pieces no fault of its own. My 90 Blazer is in need of being reassembled No fault of its own either. The 05 2500HD is going strong, but at 24,xxx miles it better be. Oh well it is under warranty and I am off work the next few weeks anyway so why not LOL.

2. W7NB

W7NB 1/2 ton status

$1100 to tear into an econobox 5 speed? Man am I in the wrong business!

3. gmcjimmy88

Yes and remember this is the dealer and it is under an aftermarket warranty. They are ripping them off. I would throw a match to it before I paid that much to have it fixed. Now if it was a gm then I would think about it LOL.

4. W7NB

W7NB 1/2 ton status

Yeah, and I bet the "real" cost to the warranty folks will be about $500 - R+R and a junkyard tranny...

5. gmcjimmy88

No It will be rebuilt or a factory new one installed per my warranty. They are not allowed to R&R with a salvage unless nothing else is available.

6. blasphemous

blasphemous 1/2 ton status

I have a hatred for Ford Focuses specifically. First, I gave the insurance company a $30k 1993 Mazda RX7 and they stuck me in a Focus for 10 days. Second, my 86 Mercedes 2.3L with a slushbox moves faster than a 5-speed Focus.