Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Another reason why 10 bolts suck...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TrcksR4ME, Aug 10, 2004.

1. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

When you break a shaft on the trail and don't have a spare, this is how you are getting it off the trail /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif And a big thanks goes out to Kennyw for rigging all this up, he was a HUGE help /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

Oh, and this is NOT my rig, mine has a 14 bolt and has never broke a shaft /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

2. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

am i looking at 6 sherd off lug bolts ???

and 14 bolt is the way to go /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. stump_puller

stump_puller 1/2 ton status

Amazing /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif how did it happen? Boy that was a cool trick to get it off the trail. That cheap fix needs to be sent into 4wheel magazine.

4. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

The shaft snapped and is just being held on with a bungee cord in that pic. Lug nuts being sheared off was the previous trip /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif and I am not joking!

Also the log worked great but it is such a rocky trail that it only got about a mile before it was ground down too much to continue. We got another shaft(after many phone calls and a lot of driving) and fixed it on the trail.

5. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

hey quit making fun of my truck I am poor and cant afford all that fancy stuff like you guys have /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif just wait till i get my 75 done and i will be walking all over you and showing pictures or you broken trying to keep up with me /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

looks like the bumper said OUCH /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

7. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

woah! thats an awesome set-up for creeping it out of the trail. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

8. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

i have thought of that /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif
    good, /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

9. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

Looks like poor planning combined with a known weak part to me. Hell a 14 bolt could always leave you stranded if its open and has a broken shaft. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

10. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Looks like poor planning combined with a known weak part to me. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

11. poorboy1

poorboy1 Registered Member

There is some poor guy up in the woods wondering why his power went out cause the pole in front of his house is gone. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. excellent trail fix.

12. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Hell a 14 bolt could always leave you stranded if its open and has a broken shaft. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

But it will still roll and will have front wheel drive. But the day I break a 14 bolt shaft with my grandma driving and 35" tires is the day I'll...well I dunno what I'd do, but its really not likely to happen /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

13. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    just wait till i get my 75 done and i will be walking all over you and showing pictures or you broken trying to keep up with me /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif Your gonna have to start working on it in order to complete it /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif

14. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

hey you know as soon as I get moved it will be getting torn apart and started. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

15. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    hey quit making fun of my truck I am poor and cant afford all that fancy stuff like you guys have /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Does that include a spare axleshaft that actually fits? /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif I was glad to see you had a spare back at camp after hearing about your last trip, but when it wouldnt fit /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

16. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

holy crap, talk about traction, imagine the surface area of that entire log! lol!!!

j

17. Big Red

Big Red 1/2 ton status

wow, that looks all too familiar...lol. cept i didn't know about the log and just dragged the arse end about a 1/4 mile to the road. lol. thanks for the new trick!

18. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Yet he still didnt take his new spare home with him /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

You might be a Redneck if...

you have ever used a 15" dia log to fix your truck tire /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif