Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

another red neck ram question?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bad_bo_ti, Apr 18, 2003.

1. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

what are all you guys running for oil? synthetic p.s. fluid, auot tranny fluid, hydraulic oil, what else? i am getting ready to install mine and would like to know what works best. thanks, chris

2. TheLakeRat

TheLakeRat 1/2 ton status

i recommend synthetic but personally run just regular old PS fluid. you can also run ATF or lite Hydraulic fluid. but remember that ATF will harden all the rubber parts in the box and eventually cause them to leak.

3. Stormbringer

Stormbringer Registered Member

Hi There!

Check out www.bndautomotive.com, and give them a call. They are in Sagamore Hills OH, near Cleveland. This guys got an oil called "Quantum Blue".. It's a mineral oil base stock that's been synthesized so it "pumps" like a synthetic, but it also has catalysts in it that reduce metal wear by 90%, friction by 40%, and it's shear / viscosity stable to 6000 degrees. you can go 6 - 10,000 miles between changes, depending on the age of the vehicle.

My wife and I are detailers, and we buy our 303 cleaning products from him, and that's how we found out about him.. I've seen oil analasys results from a local lab, and they've told us that this stuff blows away mobil one, royal purple, amsoil, all of'em.. The catalysts in this oil are products developed and used by NASA, and Rafael, a missle manufacturer.

I have an 87 K5 with 195,000 miles on it, and it runs much smoother, and the oil has 3,000 miles on it, and it still looks great. The castrol I used to run was black and sludgy inside of 1000 miles.

I use it in the 4 vehicles I own, and my family has switched to it as well. Hate to sound like a commercial, but It works.

Tom /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

what are all you guys running for oil? synthetic p.s. fluid, auot tranny fluid, hydraulic oil, what else? i am getting ready to install mine and would like to know what works best. thanks, chris