Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Another religion question

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by muddin4fun, Feb 21, 2003.

1. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

K...why hasn't anything been added to the bible? The bible contains stories from the year 0 ( /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif ) to more than 2000 years. Why did it just stop at Revelations? Why haven't we added to the bible?

Discuss /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Rev 22:18-19
    18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: 19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

I think this sums up this question quite a bit... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Good question......... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Because the Lord R. God hasn't realized the talents for literary excellence that I possess...... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

I TOLD YOU! He may not re=write it but he dang sure wants to add to it! He might not do a bad job either! He's already cursed anyways so why not? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Well, if you really want to know....here goes...

In addition to what Steph said, the book of Revelation also speaks of many prophecies and earth events that are to be fulfilled. Many people are familiar with the four horsemen that pour out woe and REALLY BAD times upon the earth and all humankind. They are pestilence & famine, war, death, and....dang, forgot the last one. We see that today with all the bad times going on in many countries. Even here in the states we have seen an increase in natural disasters and hard times more so than in any other part of history. Along with that, Revelation also mentions a great war in which all the nations wil gather together at "the battle of Har-Mageddon" (we call it Armageddon..no, it's not the movie). According to Revelation, this is a war in which all the nations gather together to try to defeat God and challenge his purpose for the earth and mankind. Also, according to Revelation....they're gonna lose BIG TIME! It is after this battle that another set of scrolls, or bible books will be revealed to all the surviving faithful followers. So, according to the bible itself, there is more to it, we just haven't gotten there yet in time. According to the bible, we are living in the "last days...critical times hard to deal with". So....the book of Revelation has not seen a complete prophetic fulfillment yet. When it does, we'll see more parts of the bible.

That is it in a nutshell....funny...that nutshell resembles my brain /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif I hope I didn't thoroghly confuddle you /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

7. ChevyCaGal

[ QUOTE ]
    Many people are familiar with the four horsemen that pour out woe and REALLY BAD times upon the earth and all humankind. They are pestilence & famine, war, death, and....dang, forgot the last one.

[/ QUOTE ]

The White Horse = Conquest
    The Red Horse = Bloodshed and war
    The Black Horse = Famine
    The Pale Horse = Death
    (Fun stuff huh)

All mentioned in Rev. 6:1-8

The riders are part of the Seven Seals judgements. These are the first series in a set of 3 judgements, each containing seven. The other two are Seven Trumpets and the Seven Bowls.

8. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

mmmmhmmmmm....

Mkay. I've never been able to make very far into revelations...kinda scary [​IMG]

9. ChevyCaGal

Very scary. Like scare the pants off of ya!