Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Another rookie question?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Blue84K10, Feb 8, 2005.

1. Blue84K10

Blue84K10 Registered Member

Ok well I followed the advice that I recieved from my last post and took my truck to Fosters Frame and Axle located here in Seattle. They told me that it would cost a total of 1,861.31 to get my tuck back on the road. 1029 just for the frame then another 441 to install the axels that I have purchased. and then some other stuff like the pitman arm and alignment... Is this a fair deal? I have no idea. I didn't even know what a pitman arm was untill he showed me. Also i have a six inch spring lift in front and blocks in back to be installed. I am asumming that I will need to purchase new shocks for my baby. What other problems ( or other things that will cost me money) should I epect to run into. I am trying to get my truck ready for Memorial Day Weekend at Moses lake so my project has some time left but I still have a long way to go!!!!!!

Any advice would be wonderful or even links to where this might have been talked about before..

Thanks again

2. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

If you're at all mechanically inclined, you can remove/install axles in a weekend. Personally I would do it myself. Its pretty darn easy and any help you need is right here.

3. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

What are you having done to the frame that cost $1000? Swapping axles is a pain but is definetly worth saving $400:)

You might need new driveshafts? Don't know if the 6" lift is already on or are you putting it on?

More info would help.

4. thor

thor 1/2 ton status

I saw your other post about the frame being bent. Do you have a place and tools to work on it? You can buy a used frame for next to nothing and spend 2 weekends swapping your drivetrain and body onto it.