Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Another Roomate Problem

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by B_to_C, Oct 12, 2005.

1. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

So here's the deal:

This is the third year I have lived with this guy. I seriously didn't think I could have a better roomate, we balance eachother really well. He is super-christian, and I'm agnostic but he never tries to push any of his beliefes on me, so I respect him for it. He's 21...never kissed a girl.

So last weekend I go out, have a good time, bring home a girl after hittin a bar and do the nasty with her. We were NOT quiet, but hey it had been a while. This was not the first time I had had sex while he was in the apartment (two bedroom apartment), but it was the first time I think he heard what was going on. That night I didn't think about it, but the next time I saw him, I knew he was all nervous (and knew what it was about) so I said "Yea, I had a crazy day yesterday" to which he replied...
    "Yea....about that. Nick, don't ever do that again. That was the most akward situation I have ever been in and I am just asking you to never do that while I am here again."

I could tell by the look on his face the kid was TRAUMATIZED. so I said OK. But now a couple days later I want to approach it again with him. Because I figure if he's the one not comfortable with it... I dunno there's got to be a better situation than "Going to her place" every time.

:confused:

2. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I'd talk with him. As a co-renter, you have th eright to bring someone home. If he has a problem with it, then HE has a problem, not you. You could try to "keep it down", but that would be all. The difficult thing i sthat you both have to respect each other. If his room isn't next to yours, maybe he could just go to his room for the added disctance to space himself from it. Good Luck with this Nick & ATTABOY :waytogo:

3. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

He could have helped out by leaving for a while. :rolleyes:

Thought Process: Geez that sounds horrible! I think I'm going to puke. Maybe I better leave for a while and come back later. Nah - I'll just listen in uncomfortable silence while yanking my pud. :pimp:

Seriously though Nick. If your on good terms, try to respect each others differences, just give him a little warning if possible.

Something like, "Hey I might bring home a witchy woman tonight and make horrific heathenistic, grunting, squealing noises that will make you claw your eyes out in a self inflicted exorcism. You may want to go to the convent until midnight.

He should meet you halfway, like any good neighbor or friend. Just make sure she isn't in the middle.

Good friends find ways to accomodate their differences and a little humor never hurts. :waytogo:

PS: Way to tear it up you sick perverted woman lover. :D

4. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

How about if you promise not to wipe your pecker off on the curtains again?

Or next time scream his Mom's name as you bang a girl, then he'll have something to get his knickers in a twist about.

5. GEORGIA GABE

GEORGIA GABE 1/2 ton status

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :bow: :bow: :bow:

6. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

Rofl! :haha: I say just tell him to leave if it bothers him, after all it is your place too. That or tell him his virginism makes you uncomfortable and you're starting to think he's gay. If you really want to freak him out, ask him to join in next time. :haha:

7. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Being a kid who is similar to your roomate, I know I'd be pretty upset if I was in his shoes too.

Just tell him that you may be bringing someone home with ya, and if its a spur of the moment thing, at least call and let him know first so he can go somewhere until you finish your business.

8. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

Buy him some headphones.

9. B_to_C

Haha :haha:

Thanks guys...I'll be sure to scream his moms name while asking him to join next time...

10. dogdaysunrise

dogdaysunrise 1/2 ton status

the ol' sock on the door ought to do the trick, and if the headboard knockin is what is keeping him bothered, a couple layers of socks and a pillow stuffed behind the headboard will keep that quiet. If the bead is squeaky, then gitter done on the floor. If he is still upset with the steps you have taken then he should leave for the while.

Oh and you know you did good when you get your roomate pissed off about it :haha: :bow:

11. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

=Respect.

=No respect. (although, I'm sure you're joking)

Reverse the roles. Has he ever had spontaneous loud bible study's in his room and you couldn't really avoid hearing them? You don't have to post an answer, just consider it, or consider something that would really bother you going on in the next room of the place you live while you were home, that you couldn't avoid observing in some way.

If you need to approach it with him again, my opinion is that you should ask him if you can give him warning and a chance to leave before next time. He said don't ever do it while he's there, so he's probably partial to having a chance to leave.

Cut and dry, it's a behavioral and social interaction issue. You stepped over a line with him, and he's asking you to respect it next time. Doesn't sound like it has anything to do with religion unless you make it so.

12. B_to_C

Yea, obviosuly I was joking. And I wasn't making it about religion, just wanted to give you guys some background before you started stuff like "bring him home one next time" or something. Thanks though, the "giving him some notice" is what I'm planning on doing.

13. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Gotcha. Good luck with it. :thumb:

14. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Ratch, since this post quickly degenerated into tasteless jokes (mine included) I will say for myself that I was joking, you should always try and keep a decent relationship with your roomies. However; for him to say "don't ever do that again" is a little out of line ("I'd appreciate a heads up next time" would be fine), just as out of line as Nick saying "don't ever have a bible study here again". Neither having sex nor studying scripture are anything that anyone should get their panties twisted over; both are well within the realm of acceptable behaviour. The fact that this guy is outside the mainstream (as far as "21 and never been kissed") is his issue not Nick's, and if Nick hated bible study so much that it made him feel wierd then HE would be the one out of the mainstream, and should be the one to deal with his own issues while said roomie had himself a nice scripture study session.

This is completely reasonable though:

"If you need to approach it with him again, my opinion is that you should ask him if you can give him warning and a chance to leave before next time. He said don't ever do it while he's there, so he's probably partial to having a chance to leave."

just my .02

15. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I know, I just thought the reason for the conflict was religion, so I was a little *perturbed*...
    I don't know anyone that wants to hear two people getting it on, especially when they're trying to sleep (just assuming that, it wasn't a detail), so I didn't originally get why religion was brought up when it wasn't the heart of the matter, and to see it turn to the focal point, or at least a point, irritated me a little... My panties weren't in a bunch (much), I just don't like seeing focus of an issue misdirected, and I like it even less when it's misdirected toward something controversial like religion. I think I would've felt the same way if he was labelled a liberal or a muslim from the start.
    It's all good, I didn't have any grudge with anyone that posted...

Edit: BTW, I did understand it was in fun, I wasn't trying to be a downer... (sorry :( )

16. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

Yep, what they said.

Just wait 'til the next time you stay at my house. I might get lucky and you can hear it all night! :blush:

Uncomfortable yet!

17. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

damn, you beat me to it! :haha:

18. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Tends to produce rug burn like you wouldn't believe.... :whistle:

19. Grieby54

Grieby54 1/2 ton status

As if you would know...

20. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

I was gonna say... been so long since he's seen any he forgot which arm it's under! :haha: