Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

another 'satisfied' 4wpw customer**UPDATED**

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by coloradoblazers, Aug 25, 2001.

1. coloradoblazers

coloradoblazers 1/2 ton status Premium Member

another \'satisfied\' 4wpw customer**UPDATED**

I called four wheel parts wholesalers on friday to see if they had the parts needed to lift my truck. They confermed that they did, so I asked if I needed to reserve them or if I could just come pick them up. They said that I could just come by and get them. Today I had my dad swing by there to pick up the lift, and guess what? They didn't have it at the store, I had to order them from the wharehouse and it won't be ready till monday. I also reserved some tires. They have no idea when those will get in. They also tried to charge me bogus prices, until I pointed outm that their own advertised prices were lower. Its a wonder they stay in buisness. Anyway, just wanted to vent and warn others away.
    =============================================================================================
    9/18
    On monday stopped by because my spare had come in. Got the mischarged Items removed, cancelled the spare tire, and got the correct price match for my tires. However, I was informed that the salesperson whom had helped me before had been released. They even gave me a free used tire to use as a spare, rather than just toss it. Bought a couple tow hooks tho show I'll support and honest buisness. Glad that they got things straitend out. Guess all is well that ends well.

K-5- because size DOES matter!<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by coloradoblazers on 09/19/01 10:57 PM.</FONT></P>

2. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

Re: another \'satisfied\' 4wpw customer

they gave me shocks that were way too short on wed. gotta wait til monday now, but besides that, i like the one here in vegas.

scott,
    1989 suburban 3/4t 4" lift soon to be rollin on 33s, tbi350

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I have been perfectly satisfied with my one purchase from FWPW. My truck even wears their windshield sticker. But after what I've heard about them, I'd never buy another thing from them.

If I buy lift parts, it will be from ORD.

If I buy tires, I am not sure who I'll buy them from.

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles

4. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

They are in business because people continue to order from them. i dunno why anyone does either... even if they are close. I persoannly would never order stuff from a plce that is know for screwing people over!

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch</a>

5. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> I've had more good luck with them than bad but I've only ordered like 3 times ............ I wouldn't order from them if I needed it right away ........... I highly doubt I'll order from them again though, I'm not THAT lucky !

L8r,
    . Riz . <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey>www.geocities.com/rizmonkey</a>

<font color=purple> BOW CHICKA BOW WOW !

6. gmc4me

gmc4me Registered Member

if you want to order stuff order from national tire and wheel their adress is natltire.com/ I got my lift wheels and tires all together for 1400 and 4 days after i ordered it

7. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> Good deal ! I got a great one from FWPW too but didn't like their customer service at all !!!!!!!!!!!! Very poor !

L8r,
    . Riz . <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey>www.geocities.com/rizmonkey</a>

8. Jason73K5

Jason73K5 1/2 ton status

Another reason that they're still in business is because there are lots of us who have never had any problems with their service. I've had great luck with internet and phone orders, and the store here in Fresno hasn't steered me wrong either.

73K-5: TBI350/TH-400/NP-203/14FF/D44
    Topless, doorless and no tailgate!
    Fresno, CA

9. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> The main reason people go to them is because they have some of the cheapest prices around and let's face it ......everybody likes the best price ...... I just do'nt know if it's worth it sometimes !

L8r,

10. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

That's also a "I'm Invicable" kind of attitude. It reminds me of the teenager that keeps saying, "It isn't gonna happen to me, it isn't gonna happen to me...". Well we all know what happens sooner or later.

Now I bet if you take a poll on this site over 75% of the members have had a problem of some sort w/ 4WPW, and I bet that at least 50% of the people here think they are total theives. Now that is a pretty crappy rating on acustomer satisfaction scale IMO. I guess I, #1, don't understand why people would support a business with this kind of rep, and #2 why they would risk their dollars w/ a company with this rep? National W&amp;T has dang near as much lift wise and tire wise as them. Obviously good ole Offroad Design can supply you with quite a few of these same items and you would be supporting one of your own, same w/ keith @ autoaccessories.com. Maybe someone can try to explain this to me, cause I sure the heck don't understand it.

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch</a>

11. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

I ordered my wheel's.. 15x10 8-lugs.. and they came in like promised..
    The guy's here in the Austin Texas store.... they are good..
    Plus my salesman I alway's see.. Trey... he own's a full-size Blazer.. and there are a few other full-size owner's that work there..
    Sorry to hear about ya'll's bad experiences..

I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work. www.rocko.rockcrawler.com

12. Lotsa_Faith

Lotsa_Faith 1/2 ton status

hey gmc4me, how much lift and what size and type of tires and wheels did you get?

Mike Dee

13. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I guess I'm one of the 25% of the people who have good luck dealing with 4WPW.

I have ordered from them 4 times and every one was a correct order.

I order my parts from the Gardena, CA store.

The only problems I have had with them is their phone services. They always seem to transfer you to a different dept. when you end up right back where you started in the first place. [​IMG]

<font color=blue>"Ya don't have to beat it, ya know!!!</font color=blue>

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/thatK30guy>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/thatK30guy</a>

14. Wheels

Wheels 1/2 ton status

"The bitterness of poor customer service remains long after the sweetness of the low price is gone!" That being said, I'm in the middle of another battle with these people. I quit shopping at the OKC store because of parts that I ordered would not come in as promised. I ordered a prerunner bar that was supposed to be in on the next truck. After six weeks of the same story, I cancelled. Trans mounts, after three weeks, I cancelled. I did get a Tuffy Security Box in a week, but came in from Compton, Ca and had been used. This was the last in store order I placed. Internet orders up until the last one I only had one problem that never got resolved. The current problem has been going for a month now and it looks like another two weeks until it is cured, maybe. I have called customer service and left messages to call me back and no one will return my calls. Robert and Carl do not return calls. I spent the better part of two hours on the phone Friday night with David and he seemed to take interest but the replacement part wont be shipped until Wednesday. Will I ever order from them again? NEVER. It seems once the sale is done, they don't worry about follow up sales and treat their customers with a lack of concern since the sale is already a done deal. If the latest part doesn't come in as promised, I have only one recourse and that is to dispute the charge with the credit card company. I realize that ads on this site help pay for the site, but with poor customer service as this, is it worth having these guys advertise???? (Sorry Grim)

15. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

I have never had a problem with them either. But I usually try to do my homework before I go there. I call at least 3-4 other companies to get the lowest price I can, then I go straight to the wherehouse in Gardena,CA and after they give me their price I give them mine. I've never walked away paying more than I've been comfortably with. Plus since it's the wherehouse, everything has been right there.

<font color=blue>Esteban</font color=blue>

<font color=red></font color=red>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Estebans-album>Take A Gander At My Truck Here.</a>

16. Jason73K5

Jason73K5 1/2 ton status

CaptCrunch, I think you're exaggerating a bit on your percentages. As far as explaining it to you, I go to 4WPW because they have a huge selection, good prices, a knoweledgeable staff just a few blocks down the street and I have NEVER had any problems with them. Now that doesn't mean that they're the only people I do buisness with, but their price and location are a big factor in some of my purcahsing decisions.

Fresno, CA

17. Jason73K5

Jason73K5 1/2 ton status

Wheels, just curious, on your in store orders did you pay at the time of order or upon delivery?

Fresno, CA

18. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

I paid for my wheel's up front.. and got 5 of them.. 2 shipped down from the Dallas FWPW store..and 3 shipped in from a Florida FWPW store..
    All arrived right on schedule..

I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work. www.rocko.rockcrawler.com

19. BigTex

BigTex 1/2 ton status

Funny you bring that up. The nearest 4WPW to me is in San Antonio (3 1/2 hours away), so I called them up and asked them on a Monday to hold a 3" body lift for me as I would be there on Wednesday for work business. The guy said he would hold it "No problem". Said he would put it on a special ticket for me or something. So I show up on Wednesday, ask for my lift, and another guy tells me "Sorry, it was transferred out to our Dallas store." I then talk to the guy who was supposed to hold it for me and say, "I thought holding an order actually meant HOLDING a friggin' order!" He said he was sorry and that they could send it home to me from Dallas. Well, I made sure to tell them I would not pay any shipping for their screw-up, and they agreed. So to give them props, they did rectify the situtation.

Constipated people don't give a crap!

20. Liberator

Liberator 1/2 ton status

I have ordered from them twice! Both orders were wrong and I'm still trying to take an overcharge off my credit card! They were also the ones who told me mini spools were not made for my 12 bolt. I ended up buying one from Summit! When I got my 14 bolt FF, they said I couldn't fit 15" rims! Those I ordered from Summit too! Never again will I even consider calling them! I don't care how low thier prices are!

Bo

If it breaks, it wasn't good enough!