Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Another Serious Poll...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by clubba68, Feb 19, 2004.

1. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

This is another poll for my term research paper that I would like actual, thoughtful info for. Please vote truthfully, and help to keep this poll towards the top as well.
    Thanks,
    Andrew /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

who dosent go where thay are not supposed to once in a while?

3. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

Maybe there are some. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
    I had to include the option for validity purposes. Thanks for voting Rick. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

I would say most people wheel in safe or approved areas. Vehicles brake down and it would stupid to put all kinds of work into a truck then have to leave it to go get help... Which brings us to never wheel alone point and it's definatly harder for two people to get on and off private property.

Now I'm not saying I haven't seen a ditch, stream, feild thats just screams for for some 4wheeling /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

Usually most of the time you can find the owner of the property and they usually approve as long as there is not damage done to crops and property. I worked on my neighbors tractor awhile back and I was joking about finding wheeling spots since I put the lift on, but most approved areas where 30-45miles away. He showed me a half dozon trails and flood plains on his property out in the country to wheel. Showed me ways around fences, what easments to use and even a couple trails they use during hunting season.

One of them is a steep inbankment leading down into a 6-12" stream about 6-12' across, that runs along side his 30some acres of rolling hills /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

Here I've known the guy for 12 maybe 15 years, I knew he owned farm land outside the county from his mothers property, but I didn't know where or what the land was like.

5. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

some places liek around here you hvae no choice but to wheel anywhere that you can find no matter if you know who owns the land or not, cuz there is no wher ehere that is reserved for such activities, this is no where lincoln il the government here hates vehicles and anything to do with them as far as racing/recreation/building, etc, old ppl suck when they are on county and city boards, they have it to wher eits illegal to have any kind of fun cept sports and amusement rides and thats pretty much it, so it is hard to have much fun in places like here, unless you want to risk getting caught and going to jail for the night or longer. it was alot better about 20-25 years ago and before, i constantly hear stories from 40 some year olds who were at the time my age and younger and damn they got away with murder back then, its crazy, alcohol in vehicles and racing on streets and you name it, and all with vehicles meant to have that kind of fun in like 57's, chevelles, montes, novas, real firebirds, stuff that actually existed for them in their younger years, they had it made back then, insane,,

anyways, there is a well known parcel of wooded land about ten miels form here known as skunks hollow for decades and during all that time ppl commonly were knonw to go out there and wheel, well in last couple or three years the guy who owns the land has been cracking down with a gun and spikes and such and i know of quite a few ppl who have gotten mysterios flat tires and also had the guy chase them with a gun, so those wheeling days out there are over and theres no where else to wheel unless you can sneak into sportsmans club out here about a mile away at the creek, but is illegal also,.

if you dont own land to wheel on then youre screwed as a citizen if you want to wheel or race or anything at all cept drive on streets licensed and insured. i would freak if i actually was to see land reserved for the public to come and freely wheel rigs on, such a thing seems impossible to exist anywhere, just seems like a crazy thing to exist, but i guess thats just from living here all my life, i dunno,

6. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I'm aware of no place it's "legal" to wheel within 80 miles of my home base (house). In fact, there are some places I wheel in PA that I'm not sure it's legal, but it's hunting land and I figure the hunters have to get in there somehow.

7. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

bttt. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

Most of the places I have been wheeling in the past couple years were actually old abandoned service roads or rail right of ways (get permission for those!) and still on the county maps. Got a ticket on one once but challenged it in court and actually won since the area is a county service road and not marked with any no trespassing signs. Unfortunatly most of those areas are rapidly getting closed off and the "legal" wheeling areas are a long ways from my place.

In the Army we wheeled legally on the ranges on post. We just had to check with range patrol as to which ones we were allowed on during any given day. There were several trails on post that you could hit around the perimiter of base and between the BT side of post and ours. Not sure what the deal was with some of those but there were no signs and the MP's never stoped us, they came around and checked out the rigs enough when we got done that I figured it must be OK in those areas as well.

BTW sounds like a cool paper to be doing for school, wish I got to do them on stuff like that. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif