Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ANOTHER shackle flip question...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by littlejimmythatcould, Mar 4, 2006.

1. littlejimmythatcould

littlejimmythatcould 1/2 ton status

I'm a new comer to CK5 and was wondering it anyone has run ORD's 4 inch shackle flip along with an ORD 6 inch heavy duty shackle? I would like to lift my truck 6 inches or so with 6 inch leaves in the front with the 4 inch shackle fip and the 6 inch HD shackle with 2 or 2 and a half inch leaves the the rear to hopefully net me 6 inches in the rear or a little more to get rid of that saggy look that full size jimmys and blazers get. I hope that that combination will give a pretty flexy suspension. I plan on running 38.5x 15 TSL's or 39.5x 13.50 IROKs and have no problem with trimming. I've got a 3/4 ton parts truck on the way next month to upgrade to the corp 14 full floating rear and 3/4 dana 44 front. I'm going to rebuild them so it will be a few months before they're on. A lilttle input sure would be appreciated to help steer me in the right direction/ keep me going in the right direction. Thankyou

2. K5Chris

K5Chris 1/2 ton status

ive got the DIY4X shackle flip & switch with 6" shackles, and 56" stock springs, and ive got a 1.5" zero rate under them. it sits about level with my TCI 6" leaves up front. i have the 56's turned backwards, then the pin is moved 1.5" foreward with the zero rates, to net me 2.5" rearward axle movement.

www.diy4x.com

Kert's stuff is kickass, customer service is top notch, shipping is quick, and best of all, awesome prices. :bow:

3. littlejimmythatcould

littlejimmythatcould 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the link and the info!