Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Another Shock Post to Clutter the Garage

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Confedneck, Oct 20, 2003.

1. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

well ok guys...payday is Wednesday and i think i might pick up a new set of shocks for the big brown bastard..so what kind of shocks are good for STOCK suspension..because right now my shocks are my limiting straps, so i need longer travel shocks to fit all my stock mounts...1986 k10
    tia!-fedneck

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Did ya know about the Search feature? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

The shocks are the limiting straps cause the mount design is flawed.

I did this using the Rancho Guide. I cycled my suspension getting the numbers I needed for a shock. Unfortunately, I could either have a shock 3" too short or one that was too long, making the shock into the bumpstop.

You just have to settle for the lesser of two evils and that is the shorter shock. Maybe spend a little and put on limiting straps.

And learn about the Search so I won't be known as the "Repost Whore" 'round these parts you wanker /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

ive tried searching...and i come up with about 73,829,271 posts about shocks...and with dial up 56k..that blows..
    im thinking about a shock for a 2-4" lift...sound like a plan?

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I'm serious about the shock mount thing. I spent about an hour going over the guide one morning. If I had a shock for a 2" lift on my stocker, then it would be too long and I would be bottoming out on the shocks. If you never have felt shocks bottoming out, it's not good, I can tell ya that. It sucks, just something we have to deal with. Bottoming out shocks will give you other problems like trashing the shocks or even the mounts also.

As for my wiseacre comments about the search, don't fret. It's just one of those things where this question has been answered 5 billion times prior, but it's been awhile and I doubt I could find one of them real fast.

By the way, quit your whining on your 56K speeds, I'm 28.8 or 31.2 all the time. Try counting some post whores posts in Non4x4 with those speeds....It ain't happening /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Yeah, but whatever you choose, get cheap Gabrials from Autozone, they're cheap and lifetime warranty.