Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Another Shooting? -Serial Sniper Again?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BowtieBlazer, Oct 15, 2002.

1. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

This guy has some major screws loose. We all knew that before but...there has been another one in Falls Church, VA in a home depot parkign lot /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

2. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

My 8 year olds gona be a nut case in the morning...He wakes up at 6 and watches the weather chanel then cnn, that Depot is about 2 miles from his school...I think moms gona keep him home tomorow.

I'd hate to be a kid around here now...in the last year hes had the Pentagon...5 miles north of the house...then his cat played speedbump, then his grandfather passed away ( they were very close) now this. I think It's time to move.

3. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

This kind of thing is everywhere now. Moving won't help. You may find yourself moving to a new place just to find that some nut walks into a school shooting, or drives over a bunch of kids in a school yard, or knifes the bus driver. The world has changed drastically. There is no place "safe" anymore. The only thing you can do is talk to your kids, be their friend and try to explain that there are enough good people out there to make life worth living and not to go out each day afraid of what's around each corner. Teach them to be alert and to talk to you when they have questions about what's going on.

As I see it, the biggest threat we have right now is going to war without a plan and without looking at what the price will be for doing it. If we're after one man, (Sadam) then why the heck don't we take him out? One good Seal, one good gun, and one bullet is all that is needed. I don't see where we have to start bombing rocks and sand again just to find out that we pissed this maniac off enough for him to push a few buttons and end life on this planet as we know it.
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

4. loudnowlouder

loudnowlouder 1/2 ton status

yeah i hear they've got the military in on it now doing recon flights over the area, its pretty sick around here, i was getting gas the other day and pretty much everyone there was looking around to see if they saw anything in the distance...i just started it up and jumped back in the car..
    i sure hope they get the guy(s) soon, it sucks when each day another person gets shot and a little more evidence comes into play, how many more time is he going to strike before they get enough to catch him....
    its not very reassuring to live right by 270, work right off of 495, and then they constantly talk about all the shootings happen right by a major highway..

lets just pray he gets nailed before he gets someone else...

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I wouldn't be suprised if there is more then one person involved in this. The van could be a decoy, so the shooter can get away in another vichile. Cops pull over van, but find nothing to conect it to the shooting, so have to let it go. I hope they catch whomever is involved in this craziness.

6. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

i think the van is either a decoy or coincidence because last time it was a white car i believe they saw drive away but no one got any plates or anything. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

7. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

If this guy's smart enough, they'll never catch him. If the media keeps blaring it on every channel every 30 seconds, we'll have copycats and worse complications all over the country.

Last sunday night a copycat sniper started in my area on Long Island, shot a car on the expressway, then another in a parking lot nearby. Both times he was trying to hit people in the cars, but either intentionally or by lack of skill, failed to hit a human target.

The F#$%&@*( media is telling every psycho on earth how to get away with this kind of thing, cause they all need to grab a bandwagon and ride it hard. Anyone else notice how a woman who was killed by a single bullet over a decent range was "gunned down"? It's not enough to say she was shot or brutally murdered, it has to be "gunned down, "a victim of a shooting spree".

Gee, that's odd, kids are still being kidnapped everyday in the US in much the same way they were a few months ago, but for some odd reason it's not front page headlines or covering every channel every moment... And shark attacks must have stopped, too, since they're not getting the same blaring coverage they were getting before 9/11...

Shootings, drive-by's, and serial murder happen a lot more than we think in the US. The painted news channels just need a focus right now, and since a guy started serial shooting in DC, that's a good bandwagon to be on.

I think it's kinda funny how ABC news was showing a woman zigzag running through a parking lot to her car so she would be a harder target, then she stood outside her car for 10 minutes talking to a reporter.

8. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

Exactly!! By the way anyone heard of this serial murderer down here in baton rouge? He is only using knives as a way of killing them and one skeleton the found had the meat cleaned from the bones...BTW did I meantion he is only after white females 21+ with blonde hair? ...He's been on the loose over a year now....I know every bigger city has one of these guys.

I like the zig zag tactic! Lets see will I shoot her on the zig or the zag..... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Some people swear they are the only people in the world having problems. Imagine rather than snipers we had to worry about bombs falling on our cities everyday. Ohhh wait we do!!
    /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

All things aside its still tragic.

9. FLASHLIGHT76

FLASHLIGHT76 1/2 ton status

Just had to comment. I say we should all carry guns and that way next time he strikes someone near by can shoot his a$$! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

10. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

See the " This doesn't bode well... " thread!