Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Another something to check out *DELETED*

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ChevyHuny, Mar 13, 2002.

1. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Post deleted by ChevyHuny

2. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

Re: Another something to check out

christ, these are sappy posts. is your real name stuart smalley?

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i like it /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

4. Burbinator

Burbinator 1/2 ton status

Thanks Mandy!

Again, nevermind the naysayers...

5. Burbinator

Explain to me how an online tribute to those who fought and died in Viet Nam is SAPPY!!??

All veterans deserve our respect. If you value your freedom, THANK ONE!

6. delta9blazer

although this is the non 4x4 section, this is a blazer web-site. and i don't mean to be too terribly rude, but i notice a recent proliferation of these posts.
    which, taken as a whole, lean towards the sappy side of the meter.
    not against God, certainly not against vets of any conflict, just adding my (and others', I'm sure) thoughts to the mix.

flame on.

7. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Ahh you guy's don't take any offense to Kevin now. Ya see he was born to an old gypsy woman, and his first car was a 74 Pontiac that he wrecked and died in a fiery crash.../forums/images/icons/wink.gif

8. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

and whats the differance if she posts this stuff or jokes?????? you know you do have the choise to read it or not /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

9. Burbinator

Exactly my point...

...you beat me to it! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

10. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>I cant see one SAPPY post in this entire site that I have made. I have put positive things for people to read and think about. I would think that posting in NON 4x4 issues would be ok but if you cant handle a little something other then your blazer for a nano second then why come to the NON 4x4 ISSUES thread?????????????? </font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Others can make an entire post about the word S.H.I.T. but posting about our men who faught for our freedom is unwelcome?? Ill remember this the next time I have something worth using your brain about to share.</font color=blue>

11. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Well I totally disagree and think Mandy or anyone should be allowed to post what they like... if you find it offense then don't look or PM Steve or Eric about it. Or better yet PM Mandy and discuss any issues you have with her...

12. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

See my post on the other one.

There is no need for anyone to be put on the spot to where they have to delete thier post.
    This was a great thing to see, it was emailed to me from a friend. So If she hadn't of posted it I was going to. So would you all of posted the same feeling towards it if i had done it????

BTW, My Grandpa was in during the war and was stationed in the Philipines, he was a cook in the US Army and they were attacked by the Japanesee while he was there, he jumped behind a suplly truck as the planes cam eover. My dad then served in the us army during the Vietman conflict(it was a conflict before it was the war) and was lucky and was stationed in Germany, in which my sister was born 2 years later.
    And now my brother is in the US marines and was one phone call away from going over seas...So maybe...<font color=black>Everyone here just needs to take a [censoring]ing step back and reflect on the land we call home and why it is free to us ????? Thats what i thought pay your respects and cut her some slack</font color=black> and if this is too serious for you Ryan has a post on [censored] you might get a kick out of/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

13. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

this is flippin rediculous...../forums/images/icons/mad.gif

Mandy, I watched it earlier before you deleted it and enjoyed it as well.

14. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

hey chevyhuny and burbinator...i am all about paying tribute to vietnam vets and ww2 vets and any other vets...they make the ultimate sacrifice by laying their life on the line for the wellbeing of their country and others...but please dont say they fought for our freedom...

vietnam had nothing to do with our freedom...it was the south vietnamese freedom we were supposedly fighting for...vietnam vets are not revolutionary war vets...now those guys were fighting for our freedom

sorry bout that...just trying to keep everything straight....

Later

15. delta9blazer

WTF??!!??
    did i come actoss like an ass? did i berate you? NO!
    i added my input. and oh my God, it wasn't in the same vein as everyone else's, so i'm a dick?
    pipe down, people. before you espouse vitriolic retributes, read your own posts about everyone deserving their own opinion.
    you're absolutely right, this is a public bulletin board. and guess what? i'm part of the public.
    please, don't keep this going. assume that all five of you have sufficiently reprimanded me, and i've learned my lesson.
    and chevyhuny, don't delete your posts. if you want to post something (sappy or nor, uplifting or not...), then post it. i never wanted the link gone, i was just replying with my views.
    apparently isolationist views.

btw, my blazer ranks as a piece of transportation to me. a cool ride, but an inanimate object that i use daily. that is all.

and i thought the post on sh!t was lame, too.

16. Burbinator

Does it really matter WHERE our vets fought? Freedom is fought for in many different ways. Granted, Viet Nam was a police action, but does that make honoring the vets of that war or any other war less important?? I am a veteran of the Gulf War...did I not fight for our freedom in the 10 years I spent in the Navy?? Hell yes I did...PROUDLY. Telling any other vet that they didn't fight for freedom will more than likely elicit the same response. <font color=red>I.M.O.</font color=red>

The ENTIRE point of this post was that Mandy wanted to share something she thought people would enjoy. I did, and so did a lot of other people. "Forcing" her (figuratively) to remove this post and her other one by the negative, condescending replies is just flat out wrong. It is her right, just like every one else on this board, to post anything without fear of ridicule. CK5 is a family, not a stomping ground. What would the forums be like if everyone slammed everybody??

17. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

ok...it does not matter where our vets fought. that is true. i was merely stating the fact that vietnam vets did not fight for OUR freedom. i am not in any way downgrading the sacrifice and commitment military men and women make. both of my grandfathers stormed the beaches of normandy in world war 2. if you know history of the normandy invasion you will have heard of the company from bedford county, virginia. my grandfather was from bedford county and was part of that group. he was shot in the shoulder on the beach and received a purple heart because of it. do i honor him? hell yes i do. he sacrificed his life to protect ours and others freedoms and fight against something and someone he thought was wrong. that is, in my opinion, one of the most honorable things any man or woman can do.

i was simply stating that vietnam, right or wrong, was not a fight for our freedom.

i didnt want this post deleted. i thought it was a great way to honor the soldiers of vietnam.

CK5 is a family. and as a family members argue. you cant tell me that your family has never had an argument or gotten into it over anything.

so lets let this stand as a simple squabble between family members. post what you want, i dont really care i was just injecting my 2 cents.

Later

18. Burbinator

Fair enough...

Unfortunately, the limitations of text allow for a broad interpretation of meanings (i.e. replys). With that in mind, and also the CK5 family...

<font color=blue>PEACE, Brother</font color=blue>

19. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

AMEN

Later

20. Donna

Donna 1/2 ton status

I'd like to see this!!!!!! I sent you a PM about this. Thanks!!!!