Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

another stinkin' ecm question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 87 mid canada k5, Jul 22, 2000.

1. 87 mid canada k5

87 mid canada k5 1/2 ton status

another stinkin\' ecm question

ok guys/gals (gotta be careful these days) i'm gonna try this one again, someone out there must know the answer! is it possible to run the same chip and injectors (TBI) from my old 305 if i go for an outta the box 350? Also can anyone comment on the body parts from jc whitney (doors, fenders etc.) are they any good? WHATTA YA MEAN BFG HASN'T MADE TIRES FOR TEN YEARS!!!

2. realsquash

realsquash 1/2 ton status

Re: another stinkin\' ecm question

EFI? Why would you want that? You could prolly get away with running the 305 stuff on the 350, but the 350 chip and injectors would be a better match. The '747' ecm wil lcompensate about 15% up or down in fuel requirements, and if you are running a stock 350, then it shouldn't give too much trouble.

Squash
    http://www.trailrunners4x4.org/users/realsquash

3. 87 mid canada k5

87 mid canada k5 1/2 ton status

Re: another stinkin\' ecm question

Thanks for the info, as to why , well it's been a pretty reliable, simple setup over the years and the stuffs already in the truck. Just want a clean decent easy to fix machine, besides i hear efi works better on hills than a carb, i live in manitoba and one day dammit i gonna find a hill to climb!