Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Another stupid spring question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BLZN4FN, Feb 10, 2003.

1. BLZN4FN

BLZN4FN 1/2 ton status

Ok I have a 6 inch superlift soft ride ft springs
    Ord flip kit with 2.5 rear springs. I was thinking about removing a leaf or two to make it a little more flexy the ft have 7 leaves plus the degree shim and the rear has 5 leaves plus the degree shim. which leaves sould I remove and how much does each leave take a way from the lift? Also can I flip the bottom spring on the rear for more flex kinda like Steve Fox did to his rear spring pack?
    Thanks fo any info
    Bo

2. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

79flatbed is running 2.5 rears, Sky jacker Softrides, he removed the bottom leaf i belive, and now his springs are bent to hell and he has to replace them, Lifted springs dont have an Over load leaf, like stock springs have, Id leave the rear alone if i were you........ With my old 8 inch superlift springs i removed the bottom leaf on the front, to try and get it to sit more level, and well it didnt sit any more level, and i couldnt tell a difference in flex but thats with an 8 inch spring, With your six you will get a little bit more flex but not much, and it wont affect lift all that much........