Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

another stupid tire post by ....me! What do you like!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by supersize75, Oct 9, 2003.

1. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

Ok looking for what tire you like, why do you like it and how long does it last and how well does it perform off road for your wheeling needs.

Right now I have 38x15x15 tsl radials, I am thinking about a new tire for dd, but I think I would be lazy and not change them /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Thinking about the procomp x-terrain 37's, thay look "ok" and they are a high mile tire...right now they are buy 3 get 1 free /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

but then the whole topic about the 42's iroc's comming out "by spring I hope", they are just as heavy as my tsl's, so would the stress be the same as 38's or would the exra tire diameter add more stress too /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

The whole reason for my worring is that I have more than an 1/8 difference from the back to front tires after only a few weeks of driving, and it may have some thing to do with the right foot, and the ability to smoke both 38's....I think my next post is going to be about a granaded cv rear shaft with the way I am going /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

we don't need to talk about fender trimming...sawzaw is ready when I am /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

2. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

What gears are you running? I would run a set of Pro-Comp all terrains for DD use. They are cheap and have a long tread life garuntee(sp?) and word on the street is that they are a nice tire. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

hmmm... I wonder if a heavy right foot is to blame for the 1/8" difference. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif No, that can't be it. I must be that the concrete is just too slippery, especially in reverse. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

I would look into running a 37" SSR radial (16 inch rim) or the 37" MTR. They are both a great offroad tire if you are to lazy to change, but they also can get better mileage then your TSL's. Or you can bring me your 38's and you can have my 35" BFG's. They wear great. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i wouldnt run iroks on a street truck... they may have good road manners, but the lugs arent especially deep and they are spaced quite a ways apart...which pretty much means asphault is gonna burn through em even faster than a normal TSL. For off-road-only tires, they are kick azz. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

j

5. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

running 4.56 /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

My vote is for the 10ply 37" SSR's. they are simply...badass

If they made a 40" size, I'd buy 'em

7. reeser

reeser 1/2 ton status

do not even consider buying an all terrain. i'd look into maybe a 40" mt/r that way you can keep your ground clearance up. there's a set for sale on colorado4x4.org

8. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

40" MTR's and 5.13 gears is what I plan to go this winter/spring /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif