Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Another tach question, but digital display from JEGS

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jjlaughner, Jun 23, 2003.

1. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Been looking into a tach but they are all 8,000 RPM and the last one I had it bearly moved 3/4" (0-3500rpm on a 318).
    Found a digital tach, says its needs no sender, adjustable for 4,6,8cyl (even has a little shift indicator).

JEGS.com
    Cyberdyne 280-A054E061N 2-1/16" $65.99
    Add the black Autometer cup for $12.99

What do you think?
    I have a factory indash tach sitting here on my desk but I have the silverado with the COOL little clock and big fuel gauge that I dont want to change. I'm thinking about mounting the tach in the ash tray so when I want it, flip it down, when I dont flip it up! Maybe put a fake NOS button next to it /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[​IMG]
    Bigger Pic, Night pics of dash , Day time pics of dash

2. 77Jimmy

77Jimmy 1/2 ton status

cool idea...kind of a hide and sneak tach. only thing i can think of that might be a little akward is having to look down to your right whenever you want to look at it. just a thought.

i like your dash /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif what's that material? did you fabricate that yourself?

3. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Its the brushed aluminum dash covered with carbon fiber vinyl /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    I used it on alot of dash and trim pieces inside the truck
    That aluminum bezel was starting to discolor in a couple places so I recovered it.

I thought about the looking down and right thing, but the only time I will want to clook at it is cruising down the highway or if the truck is making funny noises. With it being digital you should be able to glance at it all tell immeditaly what it is.

4. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

what kind of lights do you have behind you dash?