Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Another TBI question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 73K5Kid, Oct 12, 2002.

1. 73K5Kid

73K5Kid 1/2 ton status

Ok I decided I do not want to swap out my engine for a vortec. Well my wife decided due to the fact that I have a rebuild engine that came with my 73 blazer. It has a 350 with a mild cam and a th350. Here's my question. I have a 1 wiring harness and computer out of a V8 truck. Would it be cheaper to splice this harness into my truck. And buy a used tbi and injector, along with a electric fuel pump and a spacer to mount the tbi on my edelbrock performer manifold. Or will it be easier to buy the Holley Projection. I really did not want to spend 900 buck on the Holley unit. Is there a manual that tells you what parts you need and how to do the swap. For DUMMIES!!! Thanks for all replies

2. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Didn't you already ask this in your other post? How about a little more info in your profile?
    It is way cheaper in my opinion to use the factory stuff adapted to your truck. And it is just as easy also. But thats based only on seeing others experiences - I've never used the aftermarket fuel injection stuff. There are some manuals and lots of info on the web. Also there is A LOT of this that is covered many times here - use the search function. Also look at my response to your other post that asks the same question.