Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Another thread about Kerry....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by rjfguitar, Aug 21, 2004.

1. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

He sucks, case closed. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    He sucks, case closed. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

But does he swallow???????????????

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

3. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Bechtel cannot account for $8 Billion in American taxpayer money.

Halliburton cannot account for $16 Billion in American taxpayer money.

My guess is that your man George Bush, and his buddies, has this money stashed away in one of those private bank accounts, which have no personal information attached to them, and are provided by Citi Bank and Bank of America to the wealthy, so they can buy more yachts and mansions with your tax money.

Also, kiss your overtime goodbye (starting August 20 2004). If you make more than $23,660 a year, then your employer can exempt you from receiving overtime pay.

George Bush does not give a damn about your backwoods country ass.

John Kerry hates anybody worth less than $15 Million as well.

4. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    Also, kiss your overtime goodbye (starting August 20 2004). If you make more than $23,660 a year, then your employer can exempt you from receiving overtime pay.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it's not quite that simple....

[ QUOTE ]
    EXEMPTIONS: New regulations on employee exemptions from overtime pay rules become effective on August 23, 2004. They specify which employees may be properly classified as exempt from the overtime provisions of the federal Fair Labor Standards Act.

The regulations include significant changes from the regulations employers have followed for the last 50 years and generally provide clearer guidance for employers on how to properly classify employees as exempt. You should review the regulations and ensure that your employee classifications are fully compliant. The new regulations cover:

Executive exemption -- To qualify for the executive employee exemption, all of these must be met:

(1) the employee must be paid on a salary basis at a rate of at least $455 per week ($23,660 per year); (2) the employee's primary duty must be managing the enterprise, or managing a customarily recognized department or subdivision of the enterprise; (3) the employee must customarily and regularly direct the work of at least two other full-time employees or their equivalent; and (4) the employee must have the authority to hire or fire other employees, or their suggestions and recommendations as to the hiring, firing, advancement, promotion or any other change of status of other employees must be given particular weight. The executive exemption now requires employee to have "hire or fire" authority or to make corresponding recommendations that are given "particular weight"; eliminates the special rule for "sole charge" executives; requires 20% owner/employees to be "actively engaged" in management; and increases the salary requirement to $455 per week or $23,660 per year.

Administrative exemption -- To qualify for the administrative employee exemption, all of these tests must be met:

(1) the employee must be compensated on a salary or fee basis of $455 per week or more; (2) the employee's primary duty must be office or non- manual work directly related to the management or general business operations of the employer or the employer's customers; and (3) the employee's primary duty includes the exercise of discretion and independent judgment in significant matters. The administrative exemption maintains the current regulation's requirement for the employee to "exercise discretion and independent judgment". The new rule includes "management or general business operations" and deletes "management policies" of the old regulations.

Professional exemption -- There are two general types of exempt professional employees: learned professionals and creative professionals.

Learned professionals. To qualify for the learned professional employee exemption, all of these tests must be met:

(1) the employee must be paid on a salary or fee basis at a rate of $455 per week or more; (2) the employee's primary duty must be work requiring "advanced knowledge," which means it is predominantly intellectual in character and requires the consistent exercise of discretion and judgment; (3) the advanced knowledge must be in a field of science or learning; and (4) the advanced knowledge must be customarily acquired by a prolonged course of specialized intellectual instruction -- hence, a controller or chief accountant will need a college degree in "accounting", not simply many years of work as a book keeper. The new regulations define "work requiring advanced knowledge" as "work that is predominantly intellectual in character, and includes work requiring the consistent exercise of discretion and judgment".

The rules also clarify that veteran status alone is insufficient to satisfy the professional exemption.

Creative professionals. To qualify for the creative professional employee exemption, both of these tests must be met: (1) the employee must be compensated on a salary or fee basis at a rate of $455 per week or more; and (2) the employee's primary duty must require invention, imagination, originality, or talent in a recognized field of artistic or creative endeavor. The regulations allow for case-by-case determinations of the creative professional exemption, and they clarify the exemption as to journalists.

Highly compensated employees -- A newly defined subcategory consists of "highly compensated" employees performing office or non-manual work who are paid total annual compensation of $100,000 or more (which must include at least $455 per week paid on a salary or fee basis). These employees are exempt from the FLSA if they customarily and regularly perform at least one of the duties of an exempt executive, administrative or professional employee identified in the standard exemption tests. The $100,000 standard is significantly higher than the proposed $65,000 threshold thus making it more difficult for employers to satisfy the threshold.

Computer employee exemption -- To qualify for the computer employee exemption, these tests must be met: (1) the employee must be compensated either on a salary or fee basis of at least $455 per week or, if paid on an hourly basis, at least $27.63 an hour; and (2) the employee must be employed as a computer systems analyst, computer programmer, software engineer or other similarly skilled employee in the computer field performing these duties:

(1) application of systems analysis techniques and procedures, including consulting with users, to determine hardware, software or system functional specifications; (2) design, development, documentation, analysis, creation, testing or modification of computer systems or programs, including prototypes, based on and related to user or system design specifications; (3) design, documentation, testing, creation or modification of computer programs related to machine operating systems; or (4) a combination of these duties, the performance of which requires the same level of skills.

Outside sales exemption -- To qualify for the outside sales employee exemption, all of these tests must be met: (1) the employee's primary duty must be making sales or obtaining orders or contracts for services or for the use of facilities for which a consideration will be paid by the client or customer; and (2) the employee must be customarily and regularly engaged away from the employer's place or places of business. The 20% limitation on non-exempt work has been eliminated in favor of a "primary duty" approach.

Blue collar employees -- The exemptions apply only to "white collar" employees who meet the salary and duties tests in the regulations. The exemptions do not apply to laborers or other "blue collar" employees who perform work involving repetitive operations with their hands, physical skill and energy. Non-management employees in production, maintenance, construction and similar occupations (like carpenters, electricians, mechanics, plumbers, iron workers, craftsmen, operating engineers, longshoremen, construction workers, and laborers) are entitled to minimum wage and overtime premium pay under the FLSA, and are not exempt from overtime, no matter how highly paid they might be.

Although the new regulations are significantly clearer and more precise than the current regulations, employers should recognize that certain classifications of employees, -- inside sales employees, for instance -- cannot be classified as exempt unless they satisfy the criteria of one of the exempt classifications

[/ QUOTE ]

5. 1-ton

[ QUOTE ]
    Well, it's not quite that simple....

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you honestly think that the Bush administration has your best interests at heart with these new rules? These new overtime rules make it easier than ever for an employer to force the skilled or professional middle-class to work overtime with out commensurate compensation.

6. kombi59

kombi59 1/2 ton status

1-ton, your wasteing your time with these folks on politics. I can see that they have there points. but I see yours as well.I too work alot of overtime and like to be paid fairly. as a country are in rough shape! both canidates are the worst possible men for the job in my opinion, neither are in touch with the majority of the nation. but that is what we can count on as long a the political parties cannot agree on anything and undermind each other while working for the same people. what ever happen to government working for the greater good not looking good for the party? the smear campaigns are terrible, and do nothing but advocate futher separatism.

7. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

Some general thoughts on "the french - looking candidate"

Anyone remember what Kerrys response was when asked about the SUV's parked in his driveway? He said "these aren't mine, they belong to the family"..

IMHO, he missed a great chance to say something like, "why yes, they belong to my family, and I'm glad to sit here and tell you they're american made, built by the kind of god fearing upright americans that mean the most to me".. but no, he is such a pansy girl he disavows them altogether while they're parked in his damn driveway.

If you still want to call him a hero, and a leader and a man who will stand up when it counts most, I ask you.. "what color is the sky in your world?"

If I was a UAW member, I'd ask why the guy, who disavows a product I make with my sweat and labor, while he's on national TV,deserves to have his damn sticker on my truck, and why my union leadership supports his ass.

FACT: a few years ago, GWB raised tarrifs on imported steel to protect our US based manufacturers. Free market conservatives weren't happy, but he did what he felt was right for the country. The world trade organization threatened to start a trade war with the US, and the tarrifs came down, thus bush was blamed for hurting domestic steel producers.

The world trade organization is an organization, run by people whose names are not known, that are appointed by european leaders, who and they call the shots. Point is, you elect kerry, and you get a guy who is in love with the idea of the UN and europe running everything. Is that really a good thing?

Tom /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

8. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

WTF?? /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Go argue politics in the other 404594879457 Kerry threads!!!! Mine was just a joke because there are so many threads about Kerry! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Just kidding, I don't give a sh!t. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

You had me there for a second!

Hey, 4by4byGod: /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

I'm going camping now, see you later!

10. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]

George Bush does not give a damn about your backwoods country ass.

John Kerry hates anybody worth less than $15 Million as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't know why you have to be a clueless jackass over this stuff, but let me throw some facts out there for you to chew on.

I don't get paid overtime now, so how can I lose what I don't have?

And as for the rest of the jobs that I have ever had, I wouldn't had lost my overtime according to these new rules.

Don't make some heart wrenching, half ass comments without the facts to support your argument.

11. 1-ton

[ QUOTE ]
    Anyone remember what Kerrys response was when asked about the SUV's parked in his driveway? He said "these aren't mine, they belong to the family"..

[/ QUOTE ]

Kerry is a spineless jellyfish. With Bush, not only will he admit to owning a truck, but purposely shows the media he drives a Ford F350 Dually on his ranch.

If Bush and his cronies weren't such thieves, then Bush would be a great President, but there is way too many instances where Bush and his buddies have purposely defrauded tax payers and shareholders out of their money (going all the way back to the 80's), and it is happening now with the Halliburton and Bechtel contracts.

Many of the companies that Bush is giving contracts too for the Iraq war are going to (and already have) conveniently misplace Billions of dollars. Do you think if you worked for Halliburton, and you accidentally misplaced $8 Billion that they would just say "Oh well"? No. They would investigate and prosecute to the fullest extent of the law, yet Bush is just going to tell these companies "You lost $8 Billion, no problem". Why would Bush do this if there were not something in it for him?

12. 1-ton

[ QUOTE ]
    Don't know why you have to be a clueless jackass over this stuff, but let me throw some facts out there for you to chew on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, you are all mouth and no brains. This is what passes for facts with you: "drink the koolaid" and "STFU"

13. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, you are all mouth and no brains. This is what passes for facts with you: "drink the koolaid" and "STFU"

[/ QUOTE ]

People like you are the reason that the Democrats have a voting base. I've already thrown out the facts about this bill, a lot of us don't have anything to worry about for one reason or another.

Here ya go, maybe you should read the actual document before shilling for the labor unions..........

14. 1-ton

[ QUOTE ]
    People like you are the reason that the Democrats have a voting base. I've already thrown out the facts about this bill, a lot of us don't have anything to worry about for one reason or another.

[/ QUOTE ]

"This assignment...should you accept it"

I want to see you put your money where your mouth is about people having facts. I want to see you to do at least a 50-word report defending why you think the new rules on overtime are better for the workingman. It must be in your own words. No cut-and-paste from other web site articles, and no posting links to the DOL Fair play web site, unless you use it as a point-by-point reference for your report.

15. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

There gomma suck you in dude be carefull, into the politics game /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif THE POLOTICS OF DANCING /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"This assignment...should you accept it"

I want to see you put your money where your mouth is about people having facts. I want to see you to do at least a 50-word report defending why you think the new rules on overtime are better for the workingman. It must be in your own words. No cut-and-paste from other web site articles, and no posting links to the DOL Fair play web site, unless you use it as a point-by-point reference for your report.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why should I? I haven't even defended the thing and I don't even know if I agree with it. I've just thrown the facts out about it so people will know what that thing is really about instead of taking the word of some union shill using the same old tired scare tactics...........

17. k5james

k5james 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    With Bush, not only will he admit to owning a truck, but purposely shows the media he drives a Ford F350 Dually on his ranch.

[/ QUOTE ]

A F@rd? That's reason enough not to vote for him right there. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

18. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

Here's another look at the Halliburton contract thing. Be sure to note the part about the clinton administration saying what a great job they did in Bosnia, after clinton awarded them a "no - bid" contract.

click
    Tom /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif