Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Another threatening accusation

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 88MudBeast, Mar 4, 2001.

1. 88MudBeast

88MudBeast Registered Member

After making a trip to an auto shop, my friend and I decided to drive around and enjoy the nice weather, in a neighborhood that i had never been in before. As we were driving, my friend told me to go down this alley, which happened to ahve a small field by it, so i did. At the first house on the alley, a man came out of his back yard, and glared at us. He asked us where we were going, and i replied we were just driving around. And i asked if there was a problem, he said that the alley was ope property, and that anybody could use if if they liked. Then he said that there had not been problems back there in a while, and i told him that it would stay that way. Then he told me that he had seen me and my truck causing problems back there for the past three or four days, and i replied by saying that i had never been in that neighborhood before in my life. Then he got all defensive, and told me i should be careful, and not to drive around there anymore. Well, i oculd have said many things to him at that point, but i decided that i better be respectful, being that i am 16, and he is an old fart, and he would be trusted over me. So i said ok. Then as i drove off, i saw in my mirror, that he was looking at my plates, and memorizing them. So, i dont know what he intends to do, but i know he could get me in a lot of undeserved trouble. At first i wanted to go back and maul his yard, but that would deffinately not be advisable if i want to stay out of trouble. Im thinking about writing him a letter, asking to speak to him again. And also im not exactly sure what he was accusing me of...he never specifically said. He could be accusing me of driving through that little field, or of something completely different. If he reports me to the police, that will be the second time, both of which i never did what the person said i did. Can i get in trouble just because this guy said he saw me do this? Shold i write a letter? Bottom line i absolutly did not cause any "problems" because i ahve never been over there before, but i could have trouble convincing him and or the police of that. Please give suggestions of what i should do or say. Thanks.
    Big Jake

2. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

America
    Innocent until proven guilty...........

And you had a witness with you.

Become one with nature............Then marinate it....

3. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

You could be in some suspected trouble. This doesnt mean you have to be on eggshells for the next few weeks. What were you doing in the last two weeks. This is important. If you have a job, or were at school, or in the company of your parents. You can prove it wasnt you. Dont do something he can compund you and the other instances with. You only give the rest of us a bad name. BTW, What kind of trouble was it?

I am on AIM "burntohst"
    [​IMG]

4. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I wouldn't contact him. Your friend was there and is a witness that nothing went down. Also, since you weren't doing what he accused(sp?) you of, then you have done nothing wrong and shouldn't worry. If someone does contact you down theroad, do like the others said and make sur eyour where-abouts were known so you can prove you weren't there.

There are too many people int he world looking for a reason to get someone in trouble because they dont have anything better to do.

Since you weren't there, just let it go and dont think about.

That is the best thing to do.

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; <A target="_blank" HREF=http://emmett.coloradok5.com>http://emmett.coloradok5.com</A>

5. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I tell somebody like that "blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, and blah!". Tell them to prove it. They need to get plaster of paris molds of tire tracks out there and compare them to your tires. But of course, the old man could say you swapped tires. Just need to back up and think where you were the last couple days and who you were with for eyewitness. I have had this problem too many times to count. Got out of most of them since I kind of only wheel with a group of people instead of "lone rider". Those "lone riders" are the ones who are normally the troublemakers and do anything to get others in trouble.

6. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

just gather up some evidence of your where abouts when he said you were back there and you should be okay. I wouldn't contact him..that might "provoke" him

[​IMG] Keep your feet dry [​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://muddin4fun.coloradok5.com>http://muddin4fun.coloradok5.com</A>

7. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

I'd avoid going back to that area for a while, along with the other stuff that's been said already. No sense in getting yourself in REAL trouble.

[​IMG] Semper Maintenance!

8. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

I'd just ignore him, I've dealt with several SOB's like that, and they just look for someone to complain at. One time, one "referred me" to the police, who simply advised me to steer clear of him, due to the fact that this old fart liked to call the PD on anyone that had the nerve to drive within 50 feet of his property.

9. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

I'd be a sorry police officer cause I'd tell people like that to just stuff it! Is that all they have to do? Man! get a life!

[​IMG] Keep your feet dry [​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://muddin4fun.coloradok5.com>http://muddin4fun.coloradok5.com</A>

10. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

People like that probably call the cops all the time with all kinds of things like that. After a bit the cops know this guy likes to call them up and report nothing. They probably will disregard what he says if he calls up. If they do look into it they'll find nothing. If there was something there, a real problem, then others would have reported it and by now the cops would have been in contact with you. Besides you had a friend with you who can back you up and verify what you said. So don't sweat it. Don't contact him either. Someone like him would use that as an excuse to be a jerk and get after you. I'm sure he has probably moved on anyhow today. He probably saw the ice cream man make one too many passes by his house and now suspects him of casing out the joint......

"I love the sound rice burners make when ya run over them"

11. WILL

WILL Registered Member

If you have never been there before then the license plates shouldnt match up to the other times. If he got the plates on the other cases. Now if he says he got the plates the other times and the match up to you, even though the dont since youve never been there, then you might have a problem. I would sit down and write a letter and tell him it wasnt you and that the next time to get the plates to make sure it wasnt you, before he goes making accusations about people. Be polite about it and most of the time it works. Also i noticed something if you had you top off, then he doesnt know what color it is,and maybe the top on the other truck is a different color.

12. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

Blow it off! I have a kid that comes cruising thru the stop sign on my corner about once a day. I've talked to him, I've yelled at him, I've threatened him. I spoke with his dad, I've talked to the cops, taken videotapes. The cops told me unless THEY catch him there is nothing they can, will, need to do about it. Its called burden of proof. I'm trying to get this cop to sit in my driveway. Even offered to put a cooler of soda out for him, but he called that entrapment. "Yeah? SO?" My 7 yr old has already been hit by two cars(neither was his fault) I'm trying to set him up somehow to crash into me so I can bust his ass. Maybe have one of the kids on the wall with a walkie talkie as he comes barreling down the street. "now, dad, NOW! BACK UP!!!"
    Sorry for the diatribe, I got a little caught up in the moment. What I'm saying is don't worry about it. The cops aren't secretly watching you. (but the black helicopiters are)

creepin' and crawlin'

Jim

13. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Something like that happened to me a little while ago. I went to the bank and parked next to a new Yukon. I came back out, and started to drive out of the parking lot. He pulled up in front of me and stopped, got out of his car and claimed I ran into the back of his truck. I went to look at it, and there was a small dent, about even with the middle of his bumper. I told him I didn't do it, and I had a friend with me thta bakced me up, but he called the police anyway and thye came out, the cop looked at my truck, and the bumper rub strip was a little worn down from a while back whne I first got my license and gave a Galant a "nudge". He saw that, and saw that the dent was wher my bumper would be if I didn't have a lift, and said the trucks are the same, and the dent was my fault. I told him I had a 3" lift, and that if I had hit him, it would be higher. that is when he said he also had a lift. I asked him how much and he didn't know. I looked at his tires...265's...stock. I ended up paying this bastard $771 for damage NOT done to his Yukon. Hopefully you will have better luck.

90K5

See my truck at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502>http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502</A>

14. Cusm

Cusm 1/2 ton status

That reminds me of a story my Grandpa told me about a kid in the 60s or early 70s that would haul balls down his street. All the neighbors would be outside and yell at him as he tore down the street. One day his neighbor threw his glass of tea at him and shattered his back window. After his dad got done tearing into his hide, he never sped down the street again. Now the cops would take him to jail and nothing would happen to the kid until after he hit a kid. Oh, the good ole days.

[​IMG]

15. lv2whl

lv2whl 1/2 ton status

Im a criminal justice major, and this much i know. The police cannot arrest you or site you for a misdemeanor unless it was committed in their presence. So don't give the man another thought.

16. MrBob

MrBob Registered Member

A little advice from the father of another 16/17 year old "Mud".

first off......never under any circumstances, back talk any of these guys. You ae right...they will believe him over you 'cause you are a kid. Next you never know how crazy people are and folks not driving in cars get "road rage" also expecially at "young punks" and YOU don't know whether he's packing a small pistol of some sort that he wouldn't hesitate to use on you (or me, or your dad or anyone else for that matter) A good "yes Sir, I'm sorry you had that problem and it really wasn't me and I'll go ahead and get on outta here" would be sufficient.

You are young and remember that (at least in my state) any ticket you get is gonna be hell on your insurance (which your Dad probably pays for if statistics are right). If YOU are paying for your insurance and it goes up then you won't be able to afford gas for your truck much less any of the other stuff you might wanna do.

Stay outta places that might be a potential trouble spot with your Blazer. Don't go 4 wheeling where you might be doing it against the law.

DO NOT let your friends talk you into taking THEM for a joy ride at your expence. i know my son, Bryan loves to show off his (MY) Blazer to his buddies, but he only now realizes that the privilige of owning one comes with taking care of it and everyone who is in it as well as those folks (that old fart who may have falsly accused you of diriving in his alley) around him,

Hope this doesn't sound like a lecture, but believe me, Mud, A LOT of older folks are watching you WAITING for you to screw up....don't give them the privilidge of seeing it. I tell Bryan to act like I'm sitting next to him in the truck all the time. Why don't you act like your Dad is next to you.

Have fun, Son...........

Bob

Red Springs, N.C.
    "I ain't responsible for my crappy typin' or spellin'"

[​IMG]

17. Gopherkiller

Gopherkiller 1/2 ton status

This is America, you have your Rights. But remember, you don't have to be guilty to spend alot of time and money defending yourself in court! The world is full of A HOLES! Just forget about him! And don't go back there. GOPHERKILLER

18. Innerpiece

Innerpiece 1/2 ton status

Go thrash his lawn ... it's a deeply satisfying experience ...

19. Hobbes68

Hobbes68 Registered Member

To lv2whl -- don't know about CA law, but here in NY a police officer CAN arrest for any crime (misdemeanor or felony) committed in or out of his presence. A witness statement is all he needs to support the arrest and subsequent prosecution. He CAN arrest for a violation committed in his presence. He may not arrest for a violation commited if he did not witness it. Double check with your CJ professor to verify if this is true for CA.

to 88MudBeast -- I wouldn't worry about it too much. If you didn't do it and the old man doesn't have video of it or some other hard proof, the police can't and won't do anything about it. However, they may put you and your truck under serious scrutiny for a while. I don't know how many 88 Blazers there are where you live, but I know that my truck is pretty distinctive and stands out from the crowd so it's very easily recognized. I'd stay away from the area and find somewhere else to wheel.

BTW, I'm a police officer in NY.