Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Another tire question.......

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Uncle Fester, Jun 8, 2006.

1. Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester 1/2 ton status

Okay all, I am planning to upgrade to a 35x12.50x15 in the next 12 months, so I have some questons for you...I have heard alot of good stuff about the SUPER SWAMPER line of tires, with the exception of the Thornbirds, and wanted some more thoughts...
    What do you think of the Super Swamper radial SSR? Or the Super Swamper TrXus STS All terrain?
    Not a Super Swampers, but what about the Mickey Thompson Baja Claw Radial, the Dick Cepek F-C II, the BFGoodrich All Terrain T/A KO or finally the BFGoodrich radial Mud terrain T/A KM

These are the tires that caught my eye, in such as they have a trusted name, and the price range I want, under 200/ea. One thing, what ever tire I choose will be mounted on some 15x8 6 lug GMC Rally Rims, if that makes a differance. Also, if you have used the tire you recomend...what kind of mileage can I hope for?

THANKS!

2. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

What are you using the truck for? No sense in buying rock crawling tires if you only hit the mud...

3. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

agreed...

my bud has 34" ssr radials on his 1998 s-10 blazer... 8" lift too...
    he likes them.. and perform ok offroad..

I love my hawgs... people say they suck on rocks... well I dont see many rocks and if I do I will go around :haha:

I went with hawgs cuz they are second best in bud compaired to boggers.... if I was allowed to run 44's in NJ I would go boggers all the way.... however the mileage ya get out of them scares me.... hawgs last like iron as boggers last as long as ticket sales for a good concert!!!!

4. Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester 1/2 ton status

The truck is my daily driver, and weekend warrior too.. so it will see mud, fire roads, and light to medium trails....MAYBE some mild rocks too

5. muddermilitia

muddermilitia ThatTrazerGuy GMOTM Winner

How about the swamper trXus mud terrain? its radial and is less than $200. I have 35X12.50R15 on the stock GM wheels. I am really happy with them. Right now I do mostly street driving and occasional wheeling (muddy, tight trails and some rocks). They ride pretty good on the street and I am really happy with their offroad performance.

6. Avery4jc

Avery4jc 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I run M/T Baja Claws (38.5") bias-ply and I love their performance off-road but if you plan on being on the pavement at all I wouldnt reccomend them because of life. Mine actually drive VERY well for unbalanced 38.5's and I can go down the freeway at 60+ without a problem. That being said I am to the wear bands in two of them after about 10,000 miles.....

I have a buddy that runs trXus mud terrains and he loves them. He has them on his 3/4 ton fo*d that he daily drives and uses to haul the toys over to Pismo in the sand. He says that they drive great and he is getting an insane amount of miles on them and they still look brand new which is saying something for a dd as huge as his 3/4 ton.

Hope that helps a little.

-Avery

7. Tabb

Tabb ROLL TIDE! AGAIN! GMOTM Winner

Hey RootBreaker, Remember Me? I was asking for opinions on hawgs a while back, well Mine are ordered and on there way. I can't wait to mount them bad boys and go sling some mud sky high!

8. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

I WANT VIDEOS OF IT!!!!! I have a kid coming soon so wont be out for another 5 weeks.. getting babys room done and all.. then after kid comes will be a bit till I get out.. when I do.. I AM GONNA BE A MOVIE WHORE!!!! :haha:

9. mostwanted

mostwanted 1/2 ton status

I have 35x12.5 SSR's they have about 50K miles. They still have plenty of tread for some trail use.