Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

another update...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 84gmcjimmy, Nov 6, 2004.

1. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Well I ended up getting the tub out by the shed, and the chassis back into the carport a few days ago.
    Let me give you a tip, dont try to drag a tub on a dolley when the dirt is wet... it sunk /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif but after a while I winched it over to the spot.
    HEre are some pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then today I got the exhaust off, the head sheild off, most of the wiring off the frame, and some other small things. Thre was a bolt on the exhaust hanger, wher it bolts onto the crossmember, it wouldn't come off, I tried for 20 minutes but it couldn't come off the last few threads, so i just cut the little guy off /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif

2. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

nice buddy. frame off /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

too cool wish i had the room to do it count your self lucky, peice by peice and on here that thing will kick ass when its done.

lol nice mastercrap sockit set, same one i think /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

do yourself a favor, spend a lot of time cleaning up those rear framerails and spraying them with rustoleum while you are at the point. Perfect time to do it and a very good idea.

4. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    nice buddy. frame off /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

too cool wish i had the room to do it count your self lucky, peice by peice and on here that thing will kick ass when its done.

lol nice mastercrap sockit set, same one i think /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

dont make fun of my tools!! It's all I can afford, snap on, mac, and the 3rd high quality ones need to be ordered off the internet, I dont think a place in town sells them and they are to damn expensive for a guy like me. I have 2 of the mastercraft of mthat same set, its handy when I lose one piece, I can go to the second box and get it /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    do yourself a favor, spend a lot of time cleaning up those rear framerails and spraying them with rustoleum while you are at the point. Perfect time to do it and a very good idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eventually the whole thing will be POR-15'ed or eastwood rust escaplators'ed after getting the rust away.

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I use Craftsman tools. They are by no means the best but when I bust a socket all I have to do is run up to the next town and stop into Sears hardware for a brand new one. When I go to school I will likely buy a good deal of Snap On things since I get a 50% discount through school.

6. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

50% discount, maybe you could hook me up /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I have some mastercraft tools (older ones, my dad bought a few years ago) that still work good. I might get some for christmas. We dont have a sears here that sells tools, just the christmas catalog shows them. It's all x-mas order stuff.

7. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

yeh i got the 50% discount now.........sheesh...........craps still almost double the cost of craftsman even w/ the 50%......

8. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

yeah I know its going to still cost crazy amounts. Shall see if I even bother buying anything more than a few ratchets and torque wrenches. Probably a few airtool things.

9. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

what school are you guys going to, to get the 50% discount?