Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Another usa6x6 story

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BranndonC, Sep 25, 2003.

1. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gifOk. I bought hummer rims... they were wobbly (manufacturing error) so i sent them back with the agreement from Daniel at usa6x6 that they would weld new plate centers in them and get them back to me and he would cover shipping.

I shipped them out 7-31-03. On 8-21 i e-mail him asking where they are and i get this responce They are now out of boxes and sitting at the machine shop ready to be done So i get on him and he agrees to get them out. I got my rims back from daniel on the 2nd of Sept. Had to wait for him to ship the o-rings that seal the 2 pieces of the rim together (i offered to pay the over night shipping out of the $120 he owed me from shipping the rims to him). Finally got them, then i find out one of the rims leaks from his welder being to hot and the metal cracked.... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif So i go to a friend and have him reweld it. That didnt work, so i went and got some JB weld. applied it inside the rim where the crack was... it worked for a day, the next day it was flat.... so i did it again to 2 of the 6 spots that he welded..... it drove for 30 minutes b4 going flat..... so then i apply it to 5 of the 6 and it still F#@#$ING cracks!!! so i layer it on thick, extra harnder, then when it hardens, some RTV over it, then on top of that some Duct Tape.. i hope it holds /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

OH yeah and i have yet to see a check or dime of what he owes me for shipping... I've been patient with him and given him too many chances with out speaking out against him.. But now i dont want the $$$ i just hope no one else buys from them
    /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

Man i am sorry to hear about your luck. Well I will never buy anything from him. All I have heard is bad things about USA6x6.

3. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Sorry to hear about that. I have a feeling that my centers aren't welded straight also. It just wobbles so much. But it is now parked so it doesn't matter much. I hear you on the taking forever also.

4. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

yeah i'm never gettin anything there ever again, and if someone finds this in a search DONT BUY FROM THEM

5. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Wow, strong words...but I completely understand. Thanks for the heads up. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Hopefully USA6x6 can make it right...if that's even possible at this point. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

6. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Although they try to pass themselves off as professional, it sounds like the products that they ship are put together by backyard, booger welding hackers. There is NO excuse for shipping a wheel that doesn't run true. It is just way too easy to mount the wheel on a hub and spin it while checking for radial and lateral runout with a dial indicator. It's a damn shame that they're even still in business. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

7. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

Trudesign in Lakewood CO built 15x8 wheels for me with custom backspacing. Front 3.5" and rear 2" They had a jig to hold the centers straight within 10 thousands. After welding them at that tolerance they put them on a mill and complete the trueing of the wheel. After seeing them work and how it is basically a simple process. I would not think there is much of an excuse for getting them crooked.

I am considering having him make some more. He is into those outlaw cars and they have double bead locks on their wheels. I may have him make me some double locks. Not only would they be lighter than hummers, but you can choose the wheel diameter.
    Sorry to here they are not stand up.

8. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Sorry to hear you bad luck. THat sucks ass.. More and more of these stories are popping up everywhere with talk of shoddy work and shitty customer service. I never dealt with Daniel but have talked to him a few over e-mail and he always seemed nice.

If you want a quality wheel and great customer service go over to POR and pm JOHNS351C. I have heard nothign but good things about this guy and his work! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    yeah i'm never gettin anything there ever again, and if someone finds this in a search DONT BUY FROM THEM

[/ QUOTE ]

It sounds like Daniel's "Reign of Terror" is basically over.....

The word is out here and certainly on POR (where he was banned) so I don't forsee him getting any business sent to him from the major sites.

10. steelsoldiers

steelsoldiers 1/2 ton status

Hey guys, not trying to hijack /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif the post here, but what about these guy's hummer wheels? 4WD Factory Any good experiences?

11. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Well those are just the plate inserts. You can buy them there but it's up to you do weld them in and get them straight... Plus you have to supply the wheels.

Branndon, man, I'm sorry you have had to go through all of this. I wish I had mounted mine up on my truck before selling the others to you since I would have known what they were like! Mine with tires runout to the sides about 2-3" going down the freeway /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

12. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

yeah USA 6x6 was good when john used to work there. from what i was told, he left and opened up his own business. i think it's called Staz Works or something along those lines.

13. steelsoldiers

steelsoldiers 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Well those are just the plate inserts. You can buy them there but it's up to you do weld them in and get them straight... Plus you have to supply the wheels.

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif That explains the cheap price. I had a brain fart.

14. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Yes, like Willys wanter said, those are just the plate centers.

I still think the best way to go with the recentering of Hummer rims is send them to Troy Built in Hollywood and have them put new centers in. The are a contoured center for added strength over the flat plate. They also bevel the lug holes, and groove the back of the mounting plate just like factoy wheels! These are the best set-up I have seen!

15. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yep, I drool over Esteban86k5's rims he got from there daily /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I think I'm going to have mine redone by them here someday...

16. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    yeah USA 6x6 was good when john used to work there. from what i was told, he left and opened up his own business. i think it's called Staz Works or something along those lines.

[/ QUOTE ]

John never actually worked for Daniel. He used to build the 20inch wheels for usa6x6, but Daniel screwed him over and John pulled all his pics off Daniel's website and quite building the 20" rims for him. Daniel has some othe guy doing the 20s now and they are junk from what I've heard.

The guy (daniel) is a total CLOWN. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Eric

17. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

18. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

I just got my 5th wheel from Daniel. I ordered it in February. Seriously. It took 7 months to get to me. The other four "only" took about 3 months. As usual, I was quoted 2 weeks. These wheels will likely go on the block eventually and I'll get some of the 2 piece ones from Stazworks.

19. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

I've got 5 rims ready to go, I'm going to cut my own centers and weld them in, I do see that getting them in and welding will be a pain in the a$$...so I will take my time and check them as I go.... /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

20. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Maybe someone should give the Better Business Bureau a call and inform them of USA 6x6