Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Another Van Width 14ff question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by CaveBlazin, Mar 8, 2003.

1. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Who out there has a Van Width 14ff I have a few questions to ask you. I just bought one and the perches were already moved I spoke with someone who said that every blazer setup is different is this true do I need to have to perches moved again. Also what are some other things I need to do differntly with these axles. This will be my first 14ff axle swap so any advice would be great. Thanks in advance,
    Spence

2. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

The perch WIDTH on all 73-91 K5's is the same. However, when some people move the perches they rotate the axle (pinion upward) to compensate for lift. If the perches have been moved to the width of a 73 and newer K5, you should be fine. There are other ways to compensate for lift other than rotating the axle housing. If the spring perches have been moved, more than likely the shock mounts are moved to the right place as well. Other than that, nothing extraordinary is involved with the van rear versus other 14 bolt swaps (Ujoint, u bolts, u bolt plates).

3. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Do you have one swanson cause I have not got the shock mounts moved yet. What would be the placement on them. Thanks again

4. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

Send a PM to Matt Reese (outlaw612). I sold my van 14 to him, and he installed the shock mounts. He should be able to help you out.