Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Another Vibration Update

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by J.Lance, Dec 26, 2002.

1. J.Lance

J.Lance 1/2 ton status

Well, Jimmy is in the shop. I don't think they could pin point the vibration to any one thing but there were several issues. Where the pin slides into the carrier to hold the spider gears and side gears it is wallowed out and allows for movement. The ring gear is pitted up and causing some noise. My new bearings on the pinion are already shot from the continuing vibration. My new slip yoke now has a goove in it from a bad bushing on the T-case. My pinion yoke is also out of tollerance. So.....new carrier, new ring and pinion, install kit, new bearings, new pinion yoke, new slip yoke, rebalance the drive shaft.....OUCH!!!!! It had best not vibrate when I get it back. I'm too embarassed to even say how much this is costing me because normally I know better. Unfortunately I was so fed up with it that I just smiled, told them to go ahead and bent over! I'll pick it up today and I'll let everyone know how it goes.

2. J.Lance

J.Lance 1/2 ton status

Forgot to mention, Merry Christmas and happy holidays! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Wow, would it have been cheaper to get a different rearend?

4. J.Lance

J.Lance 1/2 ton status

Like I said, I'm embarrassed to admit spending that kind of money on a 10 bolt but I was sick of dealing with it. My other projects are suffering as well. I guess it was worth it to me to just get it fixed and put behind me. Hopefully!

5. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Well good luck with it! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif