Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Another weight question...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 84gmcjimmy, Oct 3, 2004.

1. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Okay because I am impatient /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif, and no one replied to my post in the forsale forum (shipping weights thread) I will post it here...
    As most of you should know, I am taking the tub off of camok5, so I am trying to find some worthy people of helping me lift it onto some wood so I can pull the frame out, question is, how much does the tub weigh, from the firewall, to the rear? Thanks!!

2. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

By the looks of your pictures, your tub should crumble off in pieces...no need to get a bunch of people over to help. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

(Hey, I live in the rust belt so I know how it goes /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif)

3. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

this is just a guess but I was watching horsepower T.V and they had a fiber glass 55 chevy and it weighed 500 lbs, so the blazer tub prolly weighs a bit more than that so maybe 700-800 lbs /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

4. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

Assuming you're taking off the doors but leaving in the windshield, and it is a full cab K5 (post '75), and you already have the fiberglass top off...look to have at least 6 guys to lift it. Wayne sold me a rear tub that was from just behind the front seat mounts to the tailpan and the 2 of us could not easily lift it off the ground (I move 500+ lb headstones for a living so I'm fairly strong). I'd guess easily 700-1000lbs.

5. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

Your gona need at least 5-6 large guys to lift that sucker off. I don't know what it weighs but its heavy and most certainly ackward. This is from experience. Also don't forget to get your dimmer switch. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif. but that's a whole nother story.

6. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Yeah I was figuring around there, I don't quite know how where going to do it, but I don't think I can find 6 guys to help, but maybe less than that if we all do one side, then the other (front, then the back) or something. I just have to lift it high enough so it can clear all the drivetrain when I roll it out. Then after the frame and stuff is rolled out, we'll set the body on wood until spring /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif