Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Another wet and muddy weekend with pics

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mountainexplorer, Nov 8, 2005.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

First order of business, retrieve my old '84 Chevy that broke a steering drag link and sent it and the guy buying it from me into the ditch. It popped 3 tires off the rims, and luckily didn't hurt anything more.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After getting it drivable again, I put a driveline into the GMC and started dragging cars from the field to the new area. Even though the rings are toasted in the motor, I figured it would still do the job being locked in the rear with 39.5 Boggers.
    [​IMG]

It was a blast dragging cars up the muddy road after dark wide open throttle through the trees and into the clearing. All these vehicles were perfectly clean to begin with, and these pics are the day after a full night and day of constant rain washing most of the mud off.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I had to add a lot of oil, and the plugs were probably half fouled, but it did good spinning the Boggers in 4-high and 2nd gear pulling the non running cars up the road. I stopped after 5 vehicles, when the front driveline sounded like it was about to fly apart. Plus it was probably time for more oil.

Sometimes the things you have to do (not intending to be fun) can be fun. :D

2. walla2k5

walla2k5 1/2 ton status

Damn,I gotta get up there!!!! I'll get some pics up of what I did the last two days...

3. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Did it rain down there?

4. Brocky

Brocky 1/2 ton status

I said it before, you have the best place around. Everything you do turns into a 4x4 adventure. :bow: