Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Another 'What's this K5 worth' Post.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Swanson52, Jan 26, 2003.

1. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

Another \'What\'s this K5 worth\' Post.

Ok, I looked at a 79 K5 today, here's the rundown. Don't know if it runs or not; the husband wasn't home, and the wife was not sure. It's been parked for 2+ years, without being driven. It's box-stock-350/350/203. It has a trailer package, which adds the HD 4 core radiator, PS cooler, etc. The gear ratio was not listed in the axles (D44/12B), but the option sheet from the original window sticker(!) and in the glove box list it with the G80 (locking rear diff) option. The body has some rust in the front fenders, rockers, but NONE in the rear 1/4's, tailgate, or floor. Interior inclueds tilt, cruise, PL, A/C. This thing is SPOTLESS on the interior. Not a single flaw. THe carpet has never been wet, and is not peeling up in any spot, and there is no wear under the driver heel. 1 crack in the dash, but otherwise looks like (dusty) new. Any ideas on worth? What should I offer for this thing? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Re: Another \'What\'s this K5 worth\' Post.

I would find out if it runs first. If not go very cheap, if it does I would not go more then a grand. Heck you might score it for next to nothing if your lucky.