Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Another where can I find thread.....Found a Solution

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by fabjunkie, Aug 5, 2006.

1. fabjunkie

fabjunkie 1/2 ton status

Just realized today that the 14ff that I'm putting in the Blazer is missing the tube for the breather hose. What exactly is it that is supposed to be there and where can I get one? Or can I tap the hole and put a screw in piece in there?

Last edited: Aug 19, 2006
  2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

If you are just missing the rubber hose, then goto the part house and get an oil/gas resistant rubber hose of whatever length you want.

If your missing the actual mount that the rubber hose hooks to on the housing, just then tap the whole and thread in a brass nipple to hook the hose too. If you do this, I would pop the cover and put tape over the hole to collect the threading chips.

3. fabjunkie

fabjunkie 1/2 ton status

No, I have the hose, which was attached to the housing, but whatever it's supposed to be hooked to isn't to be found. :confused: Can you get a screw in nipple in straight thread, or are they all NPT? I thought about finding some brake line the right size, cut a small peice and press it in. Don't know how well that would hold up though.

4. ssped

ssped 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I had to install a fitting in mine and just tapped it in. I also extended all the lines on the truck all the way to the engine area except fot the rear Diff.

5. fabjunkie

fabjunkie 1/2 ton status

Just an FYI for anyone with the same problem or wanting a good stout way to mount the breather hose. The hole in the housing on a 14ff (not sure of others) is just the right size to tap 1/8" NPT. Did it today and screwed in a nipple. That thing ain't coming out now. :D

6. ssped

ssped 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Ditto. did the same thing.