Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

another will it fit question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Pow06er, Apr 18, 2005.

1. Pow06er

Pow06er 1/2 ton status

On a 88 k5 can i safely run a 2" adda leaf in the front and back running 33x12.50 on 15x10s with no trimming and street driving...just the occasion street curbs and snow weather...

If it has a helper spring in the back am i right by saying that i will need to run a 2" block in the back if it already has a spring ??

edit: and will i have to do nething to the steering? or anything longer shocks??

Last edited: Apr 18, 2005
  2. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

I ran a 2" add-a-leaf for a while and I can't say it really added 2" of lift. I would install it and see how it sits. Maybe you'll only need a zero-rate from ORD. With 33x12.50 I had to clip the rear inside part of the fender. Not sure on the shocks. For street only, I would guess no.

That being said. I would just order a Rough Country kit from ebay or something. If you add up the costs of an add-a-leaf front and rear plus shocks, I think the Rough Country kit would be about the same. Just guessing, maybe I'm talking out my a@@. Rough Country is called "Rough" for a reason, but it won't be any worse than an add-a-leaf.

3. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

u shouldnt have to do any steering correction, i have 3" lift and 35 bfgs on my 88 and dont have any steering correction. im sure it would help tho if you did, but so far mine has been fine. i believe you'll still want to get a 2" block for the rear esp since k5s sag in the rear. hope this helps

4. Pow06er

Pow06er 1/2 ton status

i think im gonna do it plus run the zero rate