Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Another %&*#@$! wreck, I am ready to give up!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Derf00, May 4, 2004.

1. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

I am very thankful that no one was hurt, but right now I am so frustrated I am not sure I want to fix the Jimmy. If we had of done this ourselves on a tree or a rock I it might not be that big of a deal, but to to blindsided by an unconcious driver is another matter.

My son was driving down a residential street when a woman backing out of a driveway apparently "didn't see," the Jimmy (she was apparently deaf also, you can hear it coming two blocks away). Matt said he saw her and swerved hard but couldn't avoid the collision.

Maybe it is time to paint it primer and just beat the ever lovin hell out of it. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

One positive note, the sliders did one hell of a good job protecting the rocker panels.

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Damn man, you just can't win!!

3. 81jimmyslt

81jimmyslt 1/2 ton status

keep it, imagine if it was a different car it would have been crushed and could have been dangerous. Just take the insurance money and put it into other things than body work. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

That sucks man I feel for ya /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

4. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    One positive note, the sliders did one hell of a good job protecting the rocker panels.

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Do you have full coverage or just liability? Just wheel it.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

It wasn't my son's fault, and the other driver was insured. They are going to pay!!

7. camok10

camok10 1/2 ton status

Total bummer dude. Her car is F'ed up, abd thats what you get when you decide to hit big trucks

I say, get a plunger, pop the big dents out, and just wheel it till the body gets bad ehough to merit a total workover. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

8. CyberSniper

CyberSniper 1/2 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Maybe it is time to paint it primer and just beat the ever lovin hell out of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

The lady or the K5? /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

I'd fix the K5... do what you want with the lady. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

9. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Holy [darn] man, that really sucks. Hopefully the insurance witl make it better. I'd be ready to beat the [darn] out of anyone if they did that much damage to my truck...

10. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Well you can still tell it looked nice at one time, so I'd just run as is if the door opens......

That was a great looking truck, now it's a great looking truck with character

Good luck!

11. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

glad your son was ok /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif but who wouldn't be in an fullsize /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif well atleast the lady had insurnce

12. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

I think your son has major medical injuries all the way from here.......... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

13. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

What I want to know is how the heck she got the bumper of her car all the way up to the middle of the door??? /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif Talk about launching it out of the driveway!!! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

14. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

Fix it, your not paying for it and you might as well keep it as nice as possbile for as long as possible right?

15. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

She musta been givin er outta that driveway. Take the insurance money and get a new door skin and pull the bed side dent as best you can then use the rest for whatever else you want.

16. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

Sorry to see it happen again /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Glad your son is ok /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

But don't give up on it it's on of the nicest jimmys on here /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

A few years ago my boss rolled his van, then got a new one. Had the new one a few days hit a deer hard, got the van fixed, the day he got it back he hit another deer. Same fender and everything. Then he got it fixed again, it wasn't 2 weeks and he pulled out in front of a straight truck and crushed the same fender again /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif It's been a few years with no problems so there is hope, your luck will turn around /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

17. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

i had a dent like that in the door once. dam deer tried to run through me /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif
    looks like the window was down, did it break the glass?

id fix it, doesn't look like that much damage. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

18. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

That's a beautiful truck, fix it with the insurance money...... or buy tube doors and leave the other damage /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

Yeah, its a crappy way to start the morning. I had been awake for 30 minutes and was on my way to return my tuxedo from my frat's formal. I saw the lady backing out of her driveway pretty fast, pause before she entered the street and gave it pretty good throttle when I was behind her. I swerved to the best of my abilites, I couldn't really do anything but pray I didn't roll /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

The lady and I are fine, nothing harmed except for my pride and joy. It sucks that you pour your heart into a project for 4 years and someone comes along and kills it in less than 4 seconds.

Here is what I have noted that needs to be replaced:
    Passenger side fender
    " " door
    Rear Quater panel, which might be able to be pulled out and hammered back true.
    2x American Eagle 589s
    1x 38x15.5 SSR, the rear got sliced up pretty good but it can serve as a fullsize spare
    The door still opens, and the electric window still rolls up, now that's durability /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Heres what I had in mind if we don't bring it back to its state before this morning...

Straighten out all the sheetmetal and paint Military Drab Green
    4x4 Rock Sliders
    16x10 Trail Ready Beadlocks

What do y'all think? I love the Jimmy how it was, but I'd like to have a rig where I didn't have to worry about the paint every single time I went out on a trip /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

20. txfireman110

txfireman110 1/2 ton status

Sorry about the Jimmy, but glad all are OK! Since the Jimmy is allready all out ready for off-road, you should just beat it straight or whatever and wheel it! Maybe get another to make pretty /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
    Hope to be wheelin with you soon!