Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Antenna Help!!!???

Discussion in 'Communication (CB | GPS | HAM)' started by 8BaLL, Aug 7, 2003.

1. 8BaLL

8BaLL Registered Member

I have a regular cab truck. I use to have two 3ft wilson fiberglass antennas mounted on my tool box. I got rid of my toolbox and got a fiberglass tonneau cover. I need a new antenna now and I dont want to drill through my new tonneau cover. I am thinking of a magnetic mount antenna or a glass mount antenna. My truck is monstrous so I need like a one or two foot magnetic antenna for the roof and a two footer for the glass. Which is better? Are glass mounts any good? Where can I buy these? All I have found is a 3 ft magnetic mount antenna. I was wanting something shorter. I have seen many company trucks with very short antennas on top. Where do I get them? thanks

2. rebelk5frk

rebelk5frk 1/2 ton status

The glass mount antenna is garbage. They barely work better than a dummy load. If you still have the 3 foot antenna why not just get a mirror or hood mount for it?

You can get a mirror mount at just about any truck stop, cb shop, or even radio shack.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Depending on how you cover sits on the bed rails you might even be able to use a mount like this

[​IMG]

Or if you don't mind putting a few small holes in your sheetmetal (the holes would be hidden BTW) then a hood mount might be an option also.

[​IMG]

All of the mounts I posted pics of are available at Tower Electronics and most could be found at a cb shop or truck stop.