Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anthrax scare at work

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Feb 9, 2005.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Who would send a "suspicious powder" to a hotel?!?! Bunch of crazy crackpots, that's who... I went in last night to see if the schedule through the 19th was out, but noooooo the office was quarantined... Not only that, but some jerkoff got my boss and favorite coworker sent to the hospital all day :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: Good thing I have school on Tuesdays, I probably would've been in the office with them :blush:

From the Casper paper since the Wyoming Tribune-Eagle (cheyenne paper) sucks major ass and if they had the story on their website it would suck anyway :haha::

CHEYENNE, Wyo. (AP) -- A suspicious powder prompted the evacuation of an office at Little America Hotel and Resort.

Initial tests Tuesday suggested that it was not anthrax. More testing was being done.

The powder was in a packet which apparently arrived in the mail, Fire Department Capt. Mark Stephens said.

Two employees were decontaminated and taken to a hospital for evaluation. No one else was evacuated, and no other part of the hotel complex was closed.
    No one answered at Little America's main number Tuesday afternoon.

Besides the initial test, firefighters planned a test which takes six hours to provide results, plus a final, 12-hour test.

"The six-hour test is really, really conclusive," Stephens said.

He speculated that the office could be reopened if the six-hour test came back negative.

Located in west Cheyenne near the junction of interstates 80 and 25, Little America has several hotel rooms, a golf course, restaurants, a truck fuel station and gift shops.

The FBI last week dropped five federal counts against a man accused of mailing three powder-laced letters to the Wyoming Tribune-Eagle and one to KGWN-TV, the city's CBS affiliate.

John Willett, 48, was named a suspect within a day of the Oct. 28 incident. His attorney said the charges were likely dropped due to insufficient evidence.

The FBI continues to post a $10,000 reward for information leading to a conviction

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Amtrax....The deadly train desease...What a stoopid ****, who has time to do that sh!t...:crazy:

3. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

He's prolly disabled, uses meth, is an alcoholic, walks around wearing the Vietnam Vet hats and a medal of honor when he was probably one of the protesters burning the flag, and hates the president because he doesn't have a job, though he won't take the time to find a job because guess what? His welfare check is enough to cover the rent of his shack, and he's lived just fine on squirrel meat and dead grass so far.

That's who has time to do stupid **** :) :D oh... yeah... he probably wants people to feel sorry for him too because his dad didn't love him, and he secretly wears women's underwear and hits on boys at the bar where he plays pool on Thursdays and loves chili dog Tuesday...

4. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

THe mail handler is going to be wearing rubber gloves for the rest of his life I bet... We had some similar issues at work, and I think it's become "Don't touch unsorted mail if you're not wearing gloves".

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Let us know what the test show the powder to be. Maybe a guest smelled something rotten and sent some foot powder.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2005
  6. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I bet you $20 my NTB Uncle rents a trailer to the guy who sent it