Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anti-American fawkers

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 84k5, Jul 24, 2003.

1. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    Sitting in traffic on the way home I see a banner hanging from the over pass that reads 'THE US GOV. IS AN EVIL EMPIRE' or some bullshit real close to that.

NEWSFLASH: IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT HERE...LEAVE!!!!!!!!!

Good luck finding someplace better assholes.
    /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    so very true /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

x

x

4. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

*cough*not canada*cough*

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    yeah, where would one look for a better place to live
    hmmmm
    where oh where indeed /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I would love to see ya explain this one.......But I know you won't since you can't.

There is no way you can claim that America is a lesser country than anyone else and if you have such a problem with America, then maybe working down here would make ya some sort of a hypocrite. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Sitting in traffic on the way home I see a banner hanging from the over pass that reads 'THE US GOV. IS AN EVIL EMPIRE' or some bullshit real close to that.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's Davis, what do ya expect.... it's like the farm town version of Berkley....

7. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

x

x

8. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    trust me Bubba I will be avoiding US as soon as I find a good local job

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck. BC is going into the shitter fast.

BTW, kind of ironic that you didn't list Canada as one of your "better places to live". /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

9. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I think I claim the USA is a lesser country all the time.
    only Americans think that the USA is the only free place in the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

have you been to Cuba?

10. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    BC is going into the shitter fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny how everyone is an expert in regards to where they don't live. BC isn't going into the shitter any faster than anywhere else. We're holding our own in somewhat difficult times just like everyone else. It's not like our unemployment rate is double or triple any other province's...in fact our economy is doing fairly well. Real estate is strong etc etc.

If you're gonna take a shot at MJ...leave BC out of it.

Rene

11. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

x

x

12. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Well lets see here
    1. United States
    2. Canada
    3. Mexico
    4. Norway
    5. Bermuda
    6. Italy
    7. Malta
    8. Greece
    9. Germany
    10. Kuwait
    11. Iraq

I think thats a pretty good spread, not as impresive as some of my friends but i think it pretty much covers North/Central America, Europe, the Med., and the Middle East.
    I'v been in areas that had more money than i will ever see as a simple serviceman but i have also seen people get there drinking water out of the same puddle someone just took a dump in, the US will never be the perfect country, but you know what no country will ever be perfect, but we are by far the best i have been in, this country has done more for the world than any other in the recorded history, it has kept the world free, Europe was givin back to itself twice in the last 80 years, the Japanese Empire, which in a 2000 year history had never let a invader put one foot on her soil was defeated by this country, medical practices tested and proven in this country save lives aroung the world every day, 600 million dollors to Africa to try to stop the AIDS virus from spreading, right now every other person is infected. But to you we are a "lesser" country, blank blank blank!

13. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    I think I claim the USA is a lesser country all the time.
    only Americans think that the USA is the only free place in the world.
    I have seen a bit of US, it isn't 'all that'

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya know, one of these days I'm actually gonna realize you're nothing more than a sh*t talking yahoo from north of the border that is clueless on what's going on down here.

So you've seen a bit huh? WOW dude, that makes you the world's foremost expert, doesn't it?

[ QUOTE ]
    where on the list does it sit for % of its own population imprisoned?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's because you so-called "civilized" yahoos won't let us hang the bastards.

[ QUOTE ]
    you have draft registration program set up in peace time.
    you have military recruiters IN SCHOOLS.

[/ QUOTE ]

So fawking what? We take pride in our military down here and most of us respect our military. It's also a pride thing for some of us who gave back to our country for affording us the ability to live in it.

[ QUOTE ]
    many Euro countries would be great to live in as well.

Australia
    New Zealand

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, firearms laws? 'Nuff said on that one /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    trust me Bubba I will be avoiding US as soon as I find a good local job

I now refuse to go south of WA state at work, so slowly moving towards it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if you hate it so bad, then why don't you stay the [I love Jeeps] out? Oh wait, you're just like most every other union shill, you are just a prostitute to the all mighty dollar, principal means nothing to you.

14. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    you are just a prostitute to the all mighty dollar, principal means nothing to you.

[/ QUOTE ]
    bwahahaha dollarwhore, dollarwhore...everyone point and laugh...

btw, if you dont like it in this country...leave, especially if you collect welfare..it would sure save taxpayers who like it here some cash...

15. Can Can

Well, I was pretty sure you were aware that I actually own a small piece of BC. I am also a taxpayer in your lovely province and although I am only a part-time resident I have quickly become part of the community I chose to buy in(which I might add is 99% full-time). So whether you like it or not I DO indeed have some insight into the economic goings-on in British Columbia.

I can't comment on the economy in the Greater Vancouver area because I honestly have no idea of what's going on in your area. HOWEVER, believe me when I tell you that the Kootenays are dying, slowly but surely. Big companies like Cominco are pulling out, hospitals are closing, and the local pulp and timber mills are running at about 70% capacity. BC Gas is shutting down offices left right and center, too. Even BC Hydro, which is Union-to-the-max is running extremely lean(ask me how I know). Real estate is only doing well in specific(read: resort) areas, and mainly because Albertans are buying rec property because the weather is better on your side of the Rocks. I'll also go out on a limb and speculate that the single biggest reason that real estate is doing so well in the Greater Vancouver area is because of all the Asian money that has been coming in over the last 10 years or so.

I have become good friends with some "average" BC folks, many of which have moved to Alberta seeking employment because they couldn't find jobs back home(I actually recall putting out the feelers on your behalf not long ago, actually). I have heard their stories and seen how the economy in BC has affected their lives.

I'm actually surprised that you would come at me that way, Rene. I'm not making comments just to piss people off, unlike mj. I'm just calling it like I see it.

16. Can Can

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

as well

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you miss that part?

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess I did. Never said I was perfect.

[ QUOTE ]
    you claim to have dual citizenship, yet where do you reside?
    not in the southern cesspool.

[/ QUOTE ]

I reside in Canada because after MY FATHER DIED WHEN I WAS 8 MONTHS OLD MY MOTHER MOVED TO CANADA TO LIVE WITH HER PARENTS AND RAISED ME IN ALBERTA. There!!! Are you happy??!!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Where I live has nothing to do with allegiance to either flag or a preference of location. I played the cards I was dealt and ended up getting married, having children and gaining meaningful employment. FYI, if it weren't for the fact that I want my children to be close to their grandparents, I might have moved south by now. Who knows? Definitely not you....

[ QUOTE ]
    I have been in AB, it has absolutely NOTHING on BC.
    you can keep your Newfie labourers thank you very much(no offense Newfies you guys are a BLAST to party with).

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny that the Newfies come to Alberta instead of BC when they're looking for work..... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    Canmore AB is harder to find jobs then BC.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would HOPE that a town of 11,000 people would have less jobs to offer than an entire province. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif But since you claim to know so much about the labour force in Canmore, please throw some statistics my way to support your comments. BTW, read the first line in Rene's reply to me.

[ QUOTE ]
    BC is hopping, tons of work for those that work

[/ QUOTE ]

So why can't you find a better job than driving truck? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

17. Can Can

Instead of taking my word for it, maybe you should read it for yourself.

Click HERE and HERE for some hard facts.

18. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

I like Beer. anyone else in here like beer?

while I realize the views I express will probably make everyone here hate me, I don't see how that could be a bad thing: no one in the great country of Kalifornia's said hi to me yet, so I don't think I could do much worse....

America has strong points, and weak points. politicaly, there's a lot of crap going on that I think everyone's ashamed of. anyone who wants to argue that point, I can sum up a rebuttal in 2 words: Bill Clinton. not the president anymore, but hey, we elected his dumb @ss twice, the second time after the whitewater scandal.

the problem we face most in this great country, is we put our damn nose in everyone elses business too much. while I agree forgein policy is important, I don't think that randomly attacking countries that piss us off, while having a seemingly endless supply of oil is exactly the best idea in the world. I also think that pissing off countries that have a population of approximately 1/3 of the planet, is a bad idea. but hey, what do I know?

also, the country with the most freedoms is currently Free-market Russia. they're still figguring out guidelines, and laws and whatnot, that'll work well with the whole free market economy, but until the lawyers move in, and Fsck it all over, it'll be the country with the most freedom's in the world.

also, did I mention I like Beer?

19. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Paul, when you discuss the relative health of BC you have to take more into consideration than you have. I wasn't 'coming at you'...as much as I was defending a pretty decent part of this country.

If you check your own stat's
    [ QUOTE ]
    British Columbia: First net loss to migration in 30 years
    British Columbia has posted a net loss in its migratory exchanges with other provinces and territories for the first time in three decades, according to the 2001 Census.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd quote more but it's relatively dry reading and it's not out of context.

BC has led the migratory end of the stats for a long time. Let's look at that a little more in depth and try and figure who is currently leaving for Alberta. Thousands of people from all parts of Canada move here for work and the weather over the last 30 years...then when the economy isn't booming for a few years bail and move to Alberta.

Yes, I did consider making the same move myself. The fact is BC was and will always be my first choice. Canmore is a very nice place, quite scenic, nice people and close enough to Calgary to have good services and stuff available easily. The rest of Alberta is much less scenic, but the economy is strong.

The fact is things are turning around in BC, one of the things crippling our economy over the last 5 years has been the softwood lumber deal. Now finally it looks like an agreement is near.

No province or state or country is perfect, there are differences everywhere but the pro's and con's balance out. The statement the BC is going into the shitter is just a little over the top...

As for real estate, yes the Asian influx had a large impact on real estate...about 10 years ago. The big migration has been over for quite a while now.

As for small interior towns in BC, that's always been a tough boom or bust cycle. Poor business plans relying on handouts will do that. A resource based economy is always risky...

Anyways, if I slag Alberta I'd expect a negative response from you...why should you expect me to react differently when you slag BC?/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Rene

20. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Now just wait a cotton picking second, you Canadians just can't waltz in here and hijack a post about America and turn it into a Canadian post....... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif