Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anti-Squat w/ leaf-springs?

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by Triaged, Mar 7, 2002.

1. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

How do you figure out how much anti-squat you have w/ leaf springs? How much does it change when you install a shackle flip? Do you notice any difference?

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

I'll have to go digging around in the stock car books to get leaf spring anti squat info. Seems like it's about 100% from what I remember. The numbers can vary a good bit and probably depend a good deal on your shackle type, length and angle, and what kind of traction control you use. Axle wrap linkage pretty much overpowers whatever you have for anti squat in the leaf springs.

with a leaf alone they typically figure it's about 100% since the leaf wraps up and pushes up on the body (once again depending lots of stuff) while you transfer weight.

In my case the traction bars make it act more like a 4 link and the whole truck picks up about 6" when I really load it up good. The accel test at TTC was one of the best parts that got no video coverage. It's a good indicator of how the suspensions react to torque.

3. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Thanks...all the books I have assume you are using double A-arm front and rear.

4. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Please, any more info would be helpfull. I get the "lader-bar" thing, and the "4-link". But leafs, I haven't been able to grasp it, totaly. (kinda like a lader-bar, but..???)

Lifting the rear of the Jimmy 6" under excell, WOW. Would you prefer more or less? What would you sugest for a wheeler?

5. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

wouldnt the front spring mount act as the locating link?

<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/album/13190727rhRhHDXluW>info should be in here somewhere</a>

6. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

That is what I was thinking...in that case you would get more anti-squat (actually about bring it back to zero rather than negative anti-squat) w/ a shackle flip. My rear end drops down like mad when I take off from a stop light fast. I was just currious if it would get better when I try it with the shackle flip.

7. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

I think i was wrong
    read the relavent page