Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anti theft Blazers?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MaxCrack, Aug 12, 2002.

1. MaxCrack

MaxCrack 1/2 ton status

I've seen several posts for stolen K5's in the last couple months. And it got me thinking. Now that my truck is drivable and looks pretty cool (at least I think it does) and I am getting my soft top in a couple weeks, what are some of the things you guys use to keep them from getting stolen AND where can the rest of us get these things?

2. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

fuel and ignition kill switches. i'm about to get some.

3. BrianDamage

BrianDamage 1/2 ton status

Glock Model 30, 45 ACP

downside:doesn't work good if you can't catch 'em in the act

4. amm888

amm888 1/2 ton status

i've got this button you push-in to kill the engine and lock the hood - you need a bike-lock type key to undo it.

put the engile kill lock together with BrianDamage's idea and you can catch 'em easy - they'll be sitting in truck goin' nowhere

downside:blood on the dash

upside:cool red-blotched retro interior!

5. DUKE

DUKE 1/2 ton status

Is there a way to electrify your stearing wheel or transmission so if the would be theif gets in it shocks the sh!t outa them? that would be cool.

6. luk3

luk3 1/2 ton status

move to idaho..

7. 88Jimmy

88Jimmy 1/2 ton status

LoL how long do you think that would last
    They like Blazers here too!

8. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Column guard. PM me if you are interested. $60, and can't steer the vehicle even if they get it started.

9. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Yeah but in Idaho, least when I was there for a few months if someone messed with your truck and you confronted them with a fat bat the cops were like, hey nice hitting there girl... here they are like oh no you violated the crooks civil rights.... /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

10. FLASHLIGHT76

FLASHLIGHT76 1/2 ton status

I just put a pad lock on the hood and routed my ignition wires to a series of switches. I figured I had enough for the lights so they would just mix right in. with out the proper combination switched on then no go. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif I always left some on and some off. the ash tray is a great place for a cut off switch. very cheap.
    the other one I saw was a simple fuel cut off valve right under the drivers door. It let the crook get it started but it would die in a minute. They never bothered looking for it because they would assume that there was fuel due to the initial start up.
    I have seen a club with a shocker system installed(very cool). If you sat in the seat too long it gave you a jolt to remember. I think Pep boys had it years ago.
    If all else fails walk off with your coil wire!! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

11. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    If all else fails walk off with your coil wire!!

[/ QUOTE ]
    LMFAO!!!! too funny.......I'll probably start doing that instead of taking the time to install my alarm.... /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

12. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I am topless, gateless and tube doored right now. I have a decent alarm... and a removable steering wheel. works for me. 55willys had a good idea on a similar thread/topic... and that was to have a threaded t-case shifter lever... when you want the truck to NOT go anywhere, u shift it into neutral and twist the lever off. It wont be driven anywhere at least, lol! I also like the idea of running a BFC (.... chain) through your rims and around the frame... it'd be tough to even drag it then. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif a good option if u are leaving ur rig somewhere for a month...

J

13. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

There are alarms that release tear gas into the truck when they go off, of course it gives you a couple of seconds just in case you set it off on accident...I LOVE the coil wire idea....

14. Kia

Kia 1/2 ton status

I haven't got my K5 yet but I'm puting one of these on the Beach Buggy I'm building...

BrakeLock

[​IMG]

Installation is easy...

[​IMG]

The guy there is really helpfull too (which is a plus in my book)

15. 88jimmyoungowner

88jimmyoungowner 1/2 ton status

how ab out you give me your good blazer and i give you one nobody wants to steal /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

16. 6.2L Jimmy

6.2L Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Grant makes a good kit that remove the steering wheel ( must have Grant steering wheel...I think) and carry it with you in a little Grant bag that they sell. It works off of a key system and is quite good. My best friend has one on his 65 Vette and it is a good deterant.
    Oh and regarding the coil idea ...it is a great idea..one of my close friends knows a guy that workes for a security system place and he owns a mint condition Black Buick Grand-National with a bigger turbo and such..anyways he rigged his car with a system that delivers a tremendous shock in the drivers seat right where your a$$ is. Well one day somebody tried to steal the car and he got the shock of his life....it knocked the guy out cold and he was still in the car when the owner got there. The owner of the car called the police and they came and got the guy and they also grabbed him and gave him an appearance in court and received a very very healthy fine decause it endangered the guys life (they said). Anyways I personally think the guy deserved it...you know the owner of the car or any of us for that matter work hard for our money and love our vehicles... I think the guy got away easy. I dont know what I would do if I saw that happening to my Rig or my Z.

17. BigBluOx

BigBluOx 1/2 ton status

I think I'll go with the removable steering wheel idea, the glock, and the brake-lock... For some reason I can't find the coil wire in my diesel 'Burb /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    Jon

18. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Just make sure you have the diesel badge on the outside of the truck, single best factory theft deterrent yet installed /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

19. Chris_T

Chris_T 1/2 ton status

Just make sure the E-brake works first

20. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Go to an audio shop and ask about a amp power line breaker. That's what I've got on mine. It goes on the positive battery wire and will trip with just the push of a button, or at least the one I have will. If it can hold the power of 0 gauge wire, I think it can handle the ignition.