Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anti theft devises

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by FatBoyBlazer, Nov 25, 2001.

1. FatBoyBlazer

FatBoyBlazer 1/2 ton status

besides an alarm what canyou get that cn tell you some one is messing around with your truck....i think that itwas chevygal that said some thing about some thingyou can get at home depo.....i've already got an alarm and it helps only when i can hear it

hola

2. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Since you have a 91 you can put a fuel cut off switch in. Not sure on alarms though since I never look at them since I don't trust them.

See <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Waynes-Toy>Project Mighty Mouse</a> here.
    <font color=blue>Wayne<font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails<font color=blue>

3. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

For us pre FI guys, you can do something similar. Just find the juice wire for your HEI and put a heavy duty toggle switch in there. They can crank all day and the engine won't get fire.

<a target="_blank" href=http://new.wavlist.com/movies/031/ag-blow.wav>"I ain't nobody, dork."</a>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/bigkern76>http://www.geocities.com/bigkern76</a>

4. meatloafK5

meatloafK5 Registered Member

Battery cut off switches work pretty well. We have them on all our ambulances for shutting off power due to funky wiring because of emergency lights and dual batteries. We have them mounted usually on one side of seat, and they cost about $18 from Summit. I'm thinking of getting one for my Blazer, and you can mount them anywhere.

"stupid people are simply alive because it's illegal to kill them..."

84 K5 Blazer 305(for now) many mods coming....including a 350

5. FatBoyBlazer

FatBoyBlazer 1/2 ton status

not worrying about it getting stolen just whats inside(radio, subs, amps, $300 woth the tools)

hola

6. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Get a motion detector for it... Like $40 bucks (or more if you go for the better ones with different features).... it's not the most sophisticated thing but it works... one part hangs in your truck... you decide where. Runs on a battery so if they cut your truck battery it still works. Anyhow if they open the door then it detects the motion. I stuck mine on the steering wheel. It doesn't beep, flash or anything (which is cool they don't run off and you might have the chance to catch them which I personally would enjoy doing!)... instead you have a unit inside the house... it beeps and lets you know it's going off. I keep mine on my headboard. I like it cuz I can't hear my alarm in the back room when I am asleep. But I can hear this. God forbid my neighbors care it's going off and stop them.... they are probably the ones stealing from me anyhow... you can ones that plug into the wall in the house that don't need batteries (the car part that detects the motion however always uses batteries), ones that flash too.... even ones that come with a key chain option when out somewhere with up to a 1/4 mile range that go off to tell you.... I got mine at a place called Home Base but they went under last summer... I have seen them on the net... I'll look and see what else I can find....

I'm also planning on buying an Auto Taser at some point... it's expensive but the idea of Mr. Thief getting a shock just makes me smile... yeah I guess I am twisted... but hey you break in my truck you get what ya get!!

&lt;&gt;&lt;<a target="_blank" href=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>Steph's Webpage</a>&gt;&lt;&gt;
    Suck Fumes Ford Boy
    I keep trying to lose weight, but it always finds me!

7. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

Some time I leave my Boxer in there(when it's not too hot). He sits in the drivers seat and doesn't bark. You should see how far people jump when there face to face with him.

<font color=red>Sure your Durango can go any place I can go, (if I hook a strap to it).</font color=red>

8. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I was just about to suggest a hungry Rottweiler...jokingly of course.

Don't they have an alarm that is silent and pages you? That way you can go out with your ballbat and wreak some havoc before the cops show up...[​IMG]

Personally I don't even lock my Jimmy...but I don't keep anything of value in it either.

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/project_T2> tRusty pics...</a>

9. xplosuv

xplosuv 1/2 ton status

I sell this alarm called CompuStar. Its the billybadass of alarms.
    This alarm has 2-way remote. the remote will alarm and show you on a lcd screen whats going on with you ride. It can detect a light bump or a hard impact and send you that info to you remote up to a 1/4 mile. this alarm has soo many features. Its a bit expensive but worth it, and/or it's just a cool toy... The alarm has built in auto start that is the only one that can be used to start a manuel tranny. the remote will also let you know if your car is running and can be remotley shut off (anti-car jacking) the model is a 2000AS check it out at www.CaliforniaK5Krawlers.com
    75 Jimmy 11" lift with 40's

10. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

If your main concern is theft of the entire rig...you might look into getting one of those removable steering wheel setups from Grant. Crank the wheels to one side when ya park, and take the steering wheel with you. ;)

Toss on an alarm, one of those brake-pedal locks, and a battery cut-out switch, and you are safe/sound. =)

J

See the on-going build up of my '85 Jimmy! http://community.webshots.com/user/jekbrown

11. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Unless the thief owns a tow truck...[​IMG]

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/project_T2> tRusty pics...</a>

12. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

A buddy of mine put a DieHard battery on his sandrail thats got a cut off switch built into it. You press your keychain R/C button to turn it on and off. It even chirps. 5 yr wrrnty and it's like $105. It'll allow enuff juice tho to keep your memory on radios and stuff.

That jeep thing? Yah I understand it....... Like my Blazer? <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/blazerk5>http://community.webshots.com/user/blazerk5</a>
    Jim

13. Effyoo

Effyoo Registered Member

It won't prevent against towing, but if you have an external coil, glue a terminal on each end of a length of vacuum line and replace your coil wire with it. Most theives are smart enough to know that peole remove their coil wires; most of them are dumb enough to miss this one.

"There are 3 kinds of people in this world...Those who can count, and those who can't"

14. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

My tuffy box has saved my stuff 2 times now and if you use torx head screws or drill them out to install your speakers I did that also, my changer fits in my tuffy too the only thing they can get is my amp and its bolted down too under the seat.. hey if they want it bad enough they'll get it...auto tazer HUH, Steph keep me posted....

<font color=blue> I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy!

15. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I put a toggle switch on my fuel pump ground, so it'll just turn over forever, but not start.

90K5

16. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

A little bit away from the original question, but sumthin that really scared me. My neighbor was telling me about in Winnipeg, they had a few problems with guys messin with thier trucks. Apparently the would be a$$hole would unlock the winch, run the cable over the top of the truck and hook it to the rear bumper or hitch, then short out the relays in the control box and take off............... needless to say that would make one hell of a mess of a truck............
    It scared me that it was so easy and would cause so much damage, so I am in the process of wiring up a cut off to the power of the winch from inside the truck. I never thought about it before, but its sumthin that I am thinkin about now for sure!

Mike

<font color=blue>Thumper
    85 Fullsize Jimmy
    [​IMG]
    <font color=red>Aint Skeered!! </font color=red>

17. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Yup.... the <a target="_blank" href=http://www.salesco.com/alarm/autotaser.htm>Auto Taser</a>... You can move so it blocks the front of your stereo yet stays on the wheel so it'd be darn hard to drive. Doesn't look like anything more then a stick until they grab it! I have no problem with shocking a theif. I think if you are breaking into my truck then you deserve it....

&lt;&gt;&lt;<a target="_blank" href=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>Steph's Webpage</a>&gt;&lt;&gt;
    Suck Fumes Ford Boy
    I keep trying to lose weight, but it always finds me!

18. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Hey- anyone know where to get those brake pedal locks? Kinda like the club but for the brake pedal?

19. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

20. Nitrodrip350

Nitrodrip350 1/2 ton status

RUST RUST RUST LOTS OF RUST!!!!! :)

79' K5 Body Hurting But Runs Great!!